PDA

View Full Version : Imageworks Coming Back???

Strmchsr
04-24-2009, 10:34 AM
So I was looking over Disney's new website drooling and dreaming for our upcoming trip next week. I came across the website for the Imagination pavilion here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/attractions/image-works/). This is the official Disney World website and this is what is says:

ImageWorks – The Kodak "What If" Labs is an interactive play area where kids of all ages are invited to unlock the power of their own creativity in the Future World area at Epcot theme park.

ImageWorks – The Kodak "What If" Labs features a vast array of hands-on, sensory-themed activities and exhibits where you can exercise your imagination and explore your creative side in exciting exhibits that include:

* Dreamfinder's School of Drama – Become the star of your very own film using greenscreen technology
* Stepping Tones – Create your own music by stepping on electronic picture panels
* Figment's Coloring Book – Using electric paintbrush guns, add a little color to Figment and Dreamfinder
* Electric Philharmonic – Conduct an orchestra through the use of electronic sensors
* Rainbow Corridor – Stroll through an illuminated tunnel where colored lights follow you
* Vibrating Mirrors – Watch as your reflection changes right before your eyes
* Kaleidoscopes – Spin eye-popping colors in intricate designs via large-size kaleidoscopes
* Voice-Activated Lumia – Speak out and behold a bevy of shimmering light effects
* Bubble Projectors – Blow virtual bubbles on a circular screen and create colorful colors
* Figment's Melody Maker – Help Figment play an instrument to the tune of "One Little Spark"

You can even photograph yourself with the world's biggest digital camera and e-mail the photo to family and friends! It's all the fun you can possible imagine—and more!

Now, those of you (like me) who remember the original JII and the original Imageworks know that some of the things listed in that list haven't been around since the second floor was closed (like the Rainbow tunnel). I thought at first that someone goofed and printed outdated material, but there are also references to current exhibits. Did I miss something? I looked through other threads and didn't see any discussion on this. I'm wondering if WDW made a mistake and mixed in an old list or if we're getting a soft confirmation here that Imageworks second floor is coming back?!?!?! I know the stuff is still there, but just hasn't been open to the public. I hope this is a hint, not a mistake. Bring on the Rainbow Tunnel! :figment:

DizNee143
04-24-2009, 10:55 AM
OMG!
that would be sooo cool if all this stuff came back..
my parents video taped me and my sister doing the green screen videos..the only one i remember right now is being on a train!..lol it was so much fun..that whole place use to be a lot of fun..
i really hope all of this is true!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

Figment104
04-24-2009, 11:40 AM
That would be so wonderful if they reopened those things. I used to love doing the painting with the "laser gun" or what ever it was. It always felt like I was painting a cloud. The rainbow tunnel was really neat too. I hope that it's true!!! :cloud9:

dreamfinder55
04-24-2009, 11:41 AM
If I am not mistaken but I believe the Rainbow Tunnel is pictured in the Disney Vacation Planning DVD.

Stu29573
04-24-2009, 11:58 AM
I seem to remember the tunnel being in the video too.... Interesting....

Love of Disney
04-24-2009, 12:03 PM
This sounds great!
Thanks for sharing...
:cool:

Figment!
04-24-2009, 12:08 PM
As much as I would personally look forward to a return of the original ImageWorks, it should be kept in mind that the "official" site is ran and updated by a division of the Walt Disney Company that has no direct connection to the Walt Disney World resort.

Strmchsr
04-24-2009, 12:23 PM
As much as I would personally look forward to a return of the original ImageWorks, it should be kept in mind that the "official" site is ran and updated by a division of the Walt Disney Company that has no direct connection to the Walt Disney World resort.

And for that reason this is probably just a mistake. However, WDW might have a full scale riot on their hands if they get everyone's hopes up like this and say, "Our bad. We're not going to bring back what you all loved and we never should have done away to begin with." :D

Ian
04-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Actually, I'm fairly certain I heard a rumor awhile back that they were re-opening Imageworks.

JPL
04-24-2009, 04:36 PM
I do know this Imageworks is almost fully intact so it wouldn't be too difficult to reopen. Just remove some covers, dust it off and make sure the stuff works. They basically just left everything in place.

Ian
04-24-2009, 10:11 PM
They may be looking for a low-budget way to get a new attraction they can hype up.

5togetherWDW
04-25-2009, 09:11 AM
I saw images of the rainbow tunnel in the current media, but thought it was just a slip up. Lets hope its true! :cloud9: I would so love to see it return.
Just last week we were watching old home movies of the Imageworks -- me in the acting class. After laughing hysterically at my "fashion" and at how large I was (I was pregnant at the time) -- my boys started sayng that they wished that they could try it . . ..
Maybe their wishes carry more weight than I thought :mickey:

Pastcastmemberdaughter
04-25-2009, 09:54 AM
my boys started sayng that they wished that they could try it . . ..
Maybe their wishes carry more weight than I thought :mickey:

Hey if that's true, tell them to start to wish the whole original ride back! :laughing::thumbsup:

Zone Stop
04-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the Old Key West portion of the official Disney website mentions a massage room that hasn't existed since 2004, and won't ever exist again.

:(

MickeyandTink
04-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Chris,

I just clicked over on the link you provided and it doesn't mention any of the things you have, just the same couple of things they've had for the last few years. :(

I would love to see it come back, but I suspect Figment is right about it being a mistake. Maybe someday?

Strmchsr
04-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Chris,

I just clicked over on the link you provided and it doesn't mention any of the things you have, just the same couple of things they've had for the last few years. :(

I just checked the link, too, and it's been completely changed. What I listed on the first post was cut and pasted from the WDW website the day I posted it. We knew it was a mistake either way, but whether a mistake from the Ghost of Figment Past or Yet To Come I wasn't sure.

Patricia
04-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Looks like someone from Disney heard that there was a boo boo on their site. Sure got a lot of people talking.. and wishing.

Ed
04-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Looks like someone from Disney heard that there was a boo boo on their site. Sure got a lot of people talking.. and wishing.

Hmmmmmm.... do you think just maybe WDW has someone in a back office lurking here, making notes, and reporting back? :shrug:

:confused:

MickeyandTink
04-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Hmmmmmm.... do you think just maybe WDW has someone in a back office lurking here, making notes, and reporting back? :shrug:

Maybe so. If anyone with any pull at WDW is reading this, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL IMAGE WORKS!!!

And Captain EO, too! (OK, just kidding about that one ;) )

Cinderelley
05-01-2009, 12:57 PM

If not, I'll volunteer for that job :D.

DisneyFanaticDargon
05-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Maybe so. If anyone with any pull at WDW is reading this, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL IMAGE WORKS!!!

And Captain EO, too! (OK, just kidding about that one ;) )

Despite the wack-job Michael Jackson has become in recent years, I'd actually prefer the original film that was Captain EO over the much less entertaining Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, especially since it's based on a property that the current generation of children are absolutely clueless about.

CaptSmee
05-04-2009, 10:13 PM
now don't everyone get their hopes up, but when we did the Undiscovered Future World tour over 2 years ago the brought us upstairs in the Imagination Pavilion. Our tour guide told us that they were currently using the upstairs for testing purposes on an interactive Kim Possible attraction that would be coming to World Showcase (which finally did almost 2 yrs later!) and that after that they were going to re-visit re-imagining the upstairs portion of the Imageworks for the future.

mcjaco
05-07-2009, 12:10 PM

Nope. I know the one the people that does their website work, and asked about the page.

The whole thing was a screw up. Most anything you find off the website for attractions is pulled from other internet based websites, including wikipedia (which is where this page originally got it's info). It was changed shortly after I brought it up.

Don't take anything too seriously on their pages. Unfortunately, a great deal of it is done by people that are not Disney "fanboys" so a lot of it is just cut and pasted.