PDA

View Full Version : Posting park hours?

Pooh Fan
04-24-2009, 10:15 AM
I looked back at old news posts from 2008 and noticed that by March 2 the September park hours had been posted. It's now almost the end of April and hours are only posted until July. Any ideas why this is happening so late this year and when we might see September hours posted? I would love to start planning my trip and certainly hope this info comes out before my 90 day window for making ADR's which will come in June.

Strmchsr
04-24-2009, 10:56 AM
In 2009 WDW switched back from 180 days as they''ve had for the last 2-3 years to 90 days on ADRs. They are also around 90 days on posting park hours, though there is no set day because, due to crowd fluctuations, they seem to be constantly adjusting park hours. So, you just kind of have to wait and see. There's not a set release date. Even once they are released they might be changed, even leading up to the week or your vacation.

wdwnomad
04-24-2009, 10:39 PM
September hours should be posted on or around June 1. I am patiently waiting for them as well!

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
04-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I would love to start planning my trip and certainly hope this info comes out before my 90 day window for making ADR's which will come in June.

Our 90 +10 day came and went and still no park hours were posted. I actually called and a very nice CM said they would be posted exactly 90 days out .....and they were! I still had no trouble getting any of my ADR's or Fantasmic!

SorcererJim
04-26-2009, 09:20 PM
I am in the same boat... my trip is July 28th - August 4th... so I am splitting months... waiting for the tail end to be released... but I am just making educated guesses on park hours based on past hours... (i.e. which parks are EMH)

Polynesian Dweller
04-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Even once they are released they might be changed, even leading up to the week or your vacation.

Is that ever true!! For at least the last 5 years (and probably longer) the hours published even the day before the first night of our trip have never been accurate. Mostly longer but once were shorter. We now take the published hours as a rough guide, not an absolute.

PixieMagic
04-27-2009, 01:26 AM
Patiently/impatiently waiting here as well! I want to make our ADR's based one which park we'd be at later that day (AKA EMH) and praying that not only they are released in time, but also that they remain the same instead of changing! Also, I hope the parks are open a bit later in mid/late august than in late september, b/c last time we went they closed awfully early!!