PDA

View Full Version : Not Picky.... I just want a balcony

Wishmaker
04-24-2009, 07:19 AM
We are staying at AKL, I did not sign up for a perferred room of any kind. I just want a balcony. I don't mind if it over looks the parking lot, I just want the balcony. :cloud9:
I was under the impression that all rooms at AKL have balconys. Is this correct?

Tinkerfreak
04-24-2009, 07:51 AM
As far as I know they all have balconies with a small table and chairs on them. I have never seen it mentioned on here that there were rooms without balconies, only at the Beach Club and Poly.

MNNHFLTX
04-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Yes, all the rooms at the Animal Kingdom Lodge have balconies, so that shouldn't be a problem. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
04-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Yes, all the rooms at the Animal Kingdom Lodge have balconies, so that shouldn't be a problem. :mickey:

You got your wish !

Niecyboo
04-24-2009, 01:49 PM
We had a Standard View room at AKL several years ago, and while it was about as standard as you can get, (we joked about the Fords and Hondas grazing outside our window) we did have a nice balcony. And the way it was set up, all we could see when sitting down, or from most of the room, was the tree growing right outside. We loved AKL, even without the animals right outside our balcony.

pox24
04-24-2009, 03:26 PM
The first time we stayed there we looked out our balcony and saw Impalas, a Road Runner, a couple of Broncos, and three Mustangs. Too bad we faced the parking lot and they were the cars we were looking at.
I guess my real point is that all the rooms are great and have balconies. Whether on the Savannah or not, its a treat to stay there. :thumbsup:

Septbride2002
04-24-2009, 04:23 PM
I had a balcony in a standard view that you had to stand on some chairs and then you could see the pool! LOL!

I'm like you though - I have to have a balcony. I'm an early riser compared to my husband and daughter and I love going out on the balcony with a cup of coffee and a book.

~Amanda

kakn7294
04-24-2009, 06:06 PM
The first time we stayed there we looked out our balcony and saw Impalas, a Road Runner, a couple of Broncos, and three Mustangs.What an awesome assortment of critters! No Pintos?

ShanPooh
04-24-2009, 11:40 PM
What an awesome assortment of critters! No Pintos?
No Rabbits, either ;)

kakn7294
04-25-2009, 01:27 AM
We left out Cougars, Jaguars, Beetles, Rams, Stingrays (my personal fave), Cobras, Vipers, Eagles, Spyders, Sables, and probably a slew of other animal-named vehicles. That'll be my view at WL in July. :D

Cinderella's mom
04-27-2009, 06:12 PM
We were VERY fortunate last year when we went to stay at AKL. When we checked in that morning (yes, it was about 7am - but that is another long story!) I asked for a view overlooking the animals. She offered the Savannah room, but we didn't budget that extra money. So, we had to decline. Anyway, she gave us a standard room that overlooked the animals, but the landscaping was not as good as the Savannah views. You may check to see if that is still an option. We LOVED looking at all of the animals at all times of the day and night...:cloud9: