PDA

View Full Version : lovewalt's "No Plan" Pre-Trip report May 1-10,2009

lovewalt
04-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Hello All,
Some of you may remember me from when I posted more frequently on INTERCOT.I am more of a lurker these days but I do have a trip coming up soon and I couldn't resist sharing my excitement with my fellow Disney enthusiasts by writing a Pre-Trip Report.

Cast of characters:
Me~ Holly aka lovewalt
DH~Corey
DD~Maura age 6

We are seasoned WDW travelers, although it’s been nearly 2 years since our last adventure!

Dates: May 1st-May 10th

Resort: Pop Century ~our third stay here

The Plan: What plan? We don’t need no stinkin’ plan! LOL Actually, we have a few loose plans but nothing like what we’re used to. After our last couple of trips on the dining plan we decided that we were tired of scheduling everything around our meals. So we’re trying out the quick service plan and adopting the “we’ll eat when we’re hungry” attitude. I think this will make for a more leisurely trip not having to watch our watches for ADR times. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve had some wonderful meals at WDW restaurants but we’re going back to our way of vacationing before the dining plan came along. That means one or two table service meals per trip. So we have one ADR for the WHOLE trip. Yep, that’s right just ONE! And it’s going to be new for us ,Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House.

So anyway, here’s what our “no plan” plan looks like :

Friday May 1st :Arrive at MCO at 9:30 am we are using Magical Express .I figure by the time we check into our resort it will be lunch time. So we’ll probably use the first of our Quick Service meals right there at the Pop food court. Then we’ll be on our way to the park of our choice. We’re leaning towards AK since it closes fairly early and we’ll be tired from our early morning traveling.

Saturday May 2nd: They have EMH at the Studios today so we’ll plan on heading there to check out Toy Story Mania. And then I will take my lonely rides on ToT and RnR. Maura has inherited the “chicken” gene about rides from Corey. Oh well, maybe she’ll outgrow it and join me someday. There is small glimmer of hope since she wants to try a couple “big rides” this trip. We can’t really follow the “no plan” theory here since there are so many shows that run on a schedule so that will dictate the rest of the day at the Studios.

Sunday May 3rd: Today we’ll head to Magic Kingdom. We will try to be there for the opening and head straight for Fantasyland. It’s not an EMH but we’ve found that early morning is the best time to tackle Fantasyland and get in multiple rides on Maura’s favorite, the Tea Cups. Then we’ll let the “no plan” take over for the rest of the day. We may head to The Studios in the evening for Fantasmic!

Monday May 4th : Animal Kingdom for EMH. This will be a big day for my 2 “chickens”. They are going to try Expedition Everest! Corey is fascinated by the whole Yeti story (and Bigfoot or any story you might find on Monster Quest) and he really wants to see the Yeti. He has been torn over his love of Yeti and his fear of roller coasters since the ride opened. Fear has won over the past 2 trips, fear and the excuse that someone had to stay with Maura. Well, Maura has decided after watching the You Tube videos over and over that she would like to try it, “just once” as long as she could sit with Daddy. I found it funny that she wanted Corey, who’s going to be just as scared as her, to protect her UNTIL she told me that she wants to sit with Daddy so she can hear him “scream like a girl“. LOL. Corey has agreed so she probably will hear just that! This will be interesting.
We have our one and only ADR on this day at 10:15 at Tusker House. We loved Tusker House when it was counter service and have high hopes for this breakfast.

Tuesday May 5th: We do have a plan today! My co-worker, Aaron and his BF Justin are vacationing in the area and we plan to meet up with them today. Aaron used to work for Disney and isn’t spending a whole lot of time in the parks. He wants to spend most of his vacation visiting with some of his old friends. But they are going to spend the day with us at Epcot. Justin doesn’t like rides, ANY rides. So the plan is for my family to go to EMH and hit our favorites then meet up with Aaron and Justin when World Showcase opens. We’ll check out the flowers, snack around the world ,visit and take in the entertainment .And we’ll stay for IllumiNations.
Wednesday May 6:
Truly a no plan day. We’ll see what we’re in the mood for this day. Perhaps we’ll even sleep in!

Thursday May 7:
Today will bring us back to MK for EMH. We may meet up with Aaron and Justin again today but we’re unsure about that. SpectroMagic is the only real plan for today.

Friday May 8:
Another open day. Whatever and whenever the mood strikes us, that’s what we’ll do.

Saturday May 9:
Last full day. We’ll most likely take advantage if EMH at the Studios and then spend the day doing the “must sees” we may have missed during the trip.

Sunday May 10:
Departure day. Super early check out since our flight is at 7:30 am! It would have been nice to check out later but with work and school on Monday we needed to get home at a reasonable hour.

So that’s our "No Plan" plan. I’m really hoping for this to be a relaxed ,go with the flow kind of trip.

the other micki
04-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Sounds like a fun, yet relaxed plan...I mean "no plan". Our trip will overlap with yours for 2 1/2 days and we're also staying at Pop. I have heard that the Yeti has not been working properly, but you may want to keep this a secret :secret: if it deters your DH from riding E:E. I wouldn't want your DD deprived of hearing her Dad "scream like a girl".

miracle1018
04-24-2009, 02:13 AM
Your plan is similar to ours in some spots. We will be in Animal Kingdom May 1st as well. My husband Mark & I arrive on April 27th but will take a day to get orientated maybe go play mini golf :party:and hit MK on the 29th, Epcot 30th, AK May 1st, Explore May 2nd may go to Old Town and listen to the Satellites and see the classic cars, DHS 3rd, MK 4th, Explore the 5th, Epcot 6th, AK 7th, Explore again the 8th, Reserved a Dinner Theater 9th, DHS 10th, Go back to our favorite 11th, MK 12th for the final day, head back to Canada on the 13th. We'll be very tired by then! lol Becky

deedeenmickey
04-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Sounds Great!! Have fun!

DizNee143
04-24-2009, 10:11 AM
sounds like its going to be a wonderful vacation!
i like that you have no real plans! thats the way a vacation should be!:mickey:

Charlee
04-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Your "no plan" plan sounds great - sometimes its so good to go with flow and decide where you want to go on the day. We usually do this (with a few ADR's thrown in) and stay at Pop.

We often pick whichever bus has the least amount of people waiting for it and that's the park we go to! Or if one bus just pulls in as we are at the stops, that's the bus we go for! It made each day different!

Hope you have a great "no plan" time!

faline
04-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Sounds like it will be a nicely, relaxed trip! Hope your coaster chickens manage to keep their nerve up for Expedition:Everest - if they do, you may have more company on some of your other favorites!

yjgirl32
04-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Sounds awesome. Very relaxing. After we have been to Disney a couple more times I hope to have the same plan as you. Have a great trip!

RedSoxFan
04-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Have a great time.:mickey:

vizsla
04-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

mouseketeer mom
04-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Sounds like a much more relaxed way of approaching your trip! Can't wait to hear if you ended up liking the "no plan" way of doing things best! Have a great time:mickey:

disneyfan328
04-28-2009, 12:56 PM
We'll see you there. :thumbsup: we are going 5/1 - 5/10 also - Our flight gets into MCO at 9:05 and we are headed for All Star Movies!! we may see you at a park or two also as we will be in some of the same parks same days as you

Here's hoping for low crowds, great weather and no more cases of :sick:Swine Flu!!!:ill:

KylesMom
04-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Have a wonderful trip, Holly! :mickey:

And then I will take my lonely rides on ToT and RnR. Maura has inherited the “chicken” gene about rides from Corey. Oh well, maybe she’ll outgrow it and join me someday. There is small glimmer of hope since she wants to try a couple “big rides” this trip. Don't despair, DS was 7 before he'd venture onto anything overly daring. Now his faves are RnRC, ToT, SM and E:E! :D

BluewaterBrad
04-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Hope you have a great, relaxing trip!!:mickey:

Kairi_7378
04-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Sounds like my kind of vacation! We also aren't into scheduling our trips around ADR's. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

January-2007
05-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks for reporting.