PDA

View Full Version : How far is walking distances in DTD??

Gregandmel
04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Can anyone tell me how far of a walk it is from the DTD boat drop off by Rainforest Cafe over to Planet Hollywood? I can't tell if it's like Epcot, where things are much futher apart than they might seem. We are either going to eat at Earl of Sandwich or Planet Hollywood and I need to know what sort of hike we are looking at. Thanks!!! Only 367 days!!! :cloud9:

ThanxForNoticin
04-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Depending on the crowds at DTD, I would say it's about a 10-minute walk. Maybe 15 max. If it might help you, there is a boat that will taxi you from the dock near Rainforest over to the other side of the lake near La Nouba - not sure it that would save you much walking. It probably wouldn't save you much time, unless you timed the boat really well...!

morebroccoli
04-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Just go to Earl of Sandwich and call it a day. it will be WAY closer to walk to ( 5 minutes) and the food is WAY WAY WAY better and WAY less expensive!

ThanxForNoticin
04-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Just go to Earl of Sandwich and call it a day. it will be WAY closer to walk to ( 5 minutes) and the food is WAY WAY WAY better and WAY less expensive!

I agree...!

sassafras
04-23-2009, 07:11 PM
If you really want to go to Planet Hollywood, the buses make a stop right around the corner from there. I think it's usually the stop right after the Downtown Disney one. Personally, I agree with the others, try the Earl of Sandwich. The food there is really good.:number1:

marlaine
04-23-2009, 08:44 PM
I was wondering about DTD too. If you get off the bus at the Marketplace, how far of a walk is it to Disney Quest?

Polynesian Dweller
04-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Distances at Disney always look farther than they really are. At a leisurely pace it should be no more than 9-10min to Planet Hollywood and you can do it quicker than that. No hike at all.:mickey: But I'd suggest Earl of Sandwich based on food quality, best sandwiches anywhere and a must for us.

dancin Disney style
04-25-2009, 07:24 AM
I was wondering about DTD too. If you get off the bus at the Marketplace, how far of a walk is it to Disney Quest?

Don't get off the bus at the marketplace. From there it goes over to DQ.

dancin Disney style
04-25-2009, 07:32 AM
I agree with the others skip PH and go to Earl. We had dinner last year at PH and it's super noisey, the tables are so close together you can't pull out your chair and the food/service are so-so.

beksy
04-25-2009, 11:40 PM
We tried Earl of Sandwich for the first time last trip and it was VERY good. The line looked super-long but it moved quickly (and gave us time to decide what to order :thumbsup:). I know that the walks didn't seem that far at DTD to me, more like a half-MK, half-Epcot kind of distance if that makes any sense at all! Of course I was also constantly popping into stores and stopping to take pictures so that would make a difference too.