PDA

View Full Version : Very Excited!! Staying at AKL now!!

caryrae
04-23-2009, 03:56 PM
We were gonna do a split stay with CSR & POFQ but we have decided to do AKL instead of POFQ and we are pretty excited, it looks like a beautiful Resort.

I don't see much talk about here, some but not much. How do people like AKL?

We are doing a pool view room since it is cheaper and when we talked with Kathy at MJ that was the cheapest Deluxe with a AAA discount.

Can't wait this should be a great WDW vaction. Not like we have had a bad one or anything. 5 months to go.:cloud9:

Mousemates
04-23-2009, 04:11 PM
:thumbsup: AKl is my favorite resort to actually be at...love the lobby, the pool, the savannahs, the interesting to talk to CMs...and zebra domes to boot.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

forever a child
04-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Oh, DD and I would love to stay there! Very excited for you!;)

vicster
04-23-2009, 04:33 PM
AKL is a beautiful resort - enjoy!

RedSoxFan
04-23-2009, 08:09 PM
AKL is a beautiful resort. The lobby is breathtaking and I loved the gift shop. We had pool view rooms too. Very nice. Would stay there again. The busses didn't share with any other resort which was very nice. Enjoy.

faline
04-23-2009, 08:25 PM
We've stayed there a few times and have greatly enjoyed that resort! Enjoy!

Leighler
04-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Are you doing free dining? Just curious do you get your AAA discount and get free dining?

faline
04-23-2009, 08:44 PM
You can't double dip. If you get a room discount, you can't also use the free dining.

caryrae
04-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Are you doing free dining? Just curious do you get your AAA discount and get free dining?

Believe it or not we are not doing the free dining for our Sept/Oct stay because we wanted to do a split stay 4 nights each. Plus we are only doing 3 days at the parks and other places ouside the WDW area like Universal, the Ocean and maybe Sea World. So we thought the AAA discount would be better.

DisneyWhirled
04-23-2009, 11:26 PM
AKL is one of our favorites!! The Jambo House is gorgeous (haven't seen Kidani yet) and I LOVE the smell when you walk in. Wonderful resort!!!

playdead88
04-24-2009, 06:09 AM
omg i cant wait! it will be our 1st stay at AKL in 30 days!! :minnie:

deedeenmickey
04-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Congrats!! I have never stayed there but I would love to. Have a great time!!!

MNNHFLTX
04-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Good choice! We love the Animal Kingdom Lodge, there's no other resort like it. I especially like Boma and Jiko restaurants. :tasty:

If you want to see some past discussions on AKL, just click on the "search this forum" button at the top of the Accommodations page. :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
04-24-2009, 12:26 PM
We stayed at AKL last year and will stay there this year too. Once darkness falls you can look at the Savannah animals with night vision goggles. A CM in the lobby or outside coordinates that. Boma is such a different restaurant, but it still has broad appeal.
If you have time, try to relax in the lobby or anywhere with a Savannah view. A WDW vacation is so stimulating it is great to be able to relax at AKL.

caryrae
04-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Good choice! We love the Animal Kingdom Lodge, there's no other resort like it. I especially like Boma and Jiko restaurants. :tasty:

Do you have to make reservations at any of the TS dining places in AKL or can you just show up when we get there and get a table without a long wait? We are gonna be at AKL from Sept 29th - Oct 3rd.

If you have time, try to relax in the lobby or anywhere with a Savannah view. A WDW vacation is so stimulating it is great to be able to relax at AKL.

That's one thing we forget to do a lot during a WDW vacation, just having some time just to relax and not have to go anywhere specific but instead try to cram a lot of activity into an 8 day vacation. Then by the time the vaction is over we are more tired then when we started.

MNNHFLTX
04-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Do you have to make reservations at any of the TS dining places in AKL or can you just show up when we get there and get a table without a long wait? We are gonna be at AKL from Sept 29th - Oct 3rd. If eating at a certain time or not having lengthy wait times are important to you, than I would make reservations at the restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge. This is especially true when people are taking advantage of the free dining offer (as it is during the time you will be there). You might be able to do a walk-up without a long wait at Boma if you show up when the doors open, but I wouldn't chance it at Jiko.

TikiGoddess
04-26-2009, 10:38 AM
We too are doing a split stay with AKL our 2nd resort. I am so excited to stay there! Kidani Village (DVC) is about to open on May 1st and there are some stunning pictures out... you should see the pool/water play area!! AND the best part is AKL and Kidani share all facilities, so regular (non-DVC) guests can use the new pool and play area.

Kathy