PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Cabins or POP

Beauty508
04-23-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm taking my brother to WDW for his graduation present. Its just going to be the two of us. I'm trying to decide between the cabins and the POP. I'm leaning twards the cabins for the activities on sight fishing campfire etc. I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

ibrowse17
04-23-2009, 02:37 PM
:party:Welcome to Intercot:thumbsup:

There is a price difference to consider, but if that is not a problem, go with the cabins. They have a full kitchen, seperate sleeping areas and all of the other great things to do at Fort Wilderness. Have a great time:mickey:

SFTrny
04-23-2009, 04:14 PM
If price is not an option, DEFINITELY go with Ft. Wilderness. Make a stop at a grocery store so that you can take advantage of the kitchen. Morning breakfasts and evening snacks are key elements here! And also look into renting a golf cart. It's not critical, but so much more fun!

Mousemates
04-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Unless your brother is graduating from primary or middle school ( in which case the over the top theming of POP will be very much liked)...i would tend to go with the larger space, in room kithcens, and ability for each of you to have your own room (bedroom/sico wall bed inliving room) of the cabins at WDW.

However, A couple of things you might want to consider about the cabins before you make a final choice might be the following items.

Number one will you and your brother actually be likely to use the kitchen...i.e. will you have a car to go to a grocery store (they are super expensive at the campgorund store) and buy items to cook...even if its just frozen pizzas, hotdogs or cinnamon rolls...because if you have no plans on using a kitchen...there is not much point in having (or paying for) one. The extra money might be better spent on more in park snakcs, or at another resort...say a mod or one of the lower priced deluxes (say AKL or WL).

Number two you might want to note that the cabins are not particularly close or convenient to the central store/pool/boat transport to MK/CR? or park bus area...getting to these area generally requires a healthy walk or the use of the internal bus system which adds another level of travel logistics to your plans. this also means that if you want a snack(and you don't want to cook it yourself), you can't just walk to the counter service restaurant and be back in the room in five minutes...things will take a bit longer. Another option would be to rent a golf cart, but they are not inexpensive.

Number three, are you looking to be" where the action is at" or "away from it all"....the cabins definitely have the away from it all feel...while Pop and most of the other resorts, have more of the action feel.

number four, do you think you or he will be wanting some "me time, say to watch what you want on TV at night" or do you want to be more together late in the evening talking about the day or his plans for the future-- before turning off the lights for a mutually agreed upon bedtime (the rooms at pop are small, so there you will be very together)

Now again, having said all that I'm not trying to convince you one way or the other...we have stayed at both places and enjoyed them both very much...so don't sweat the choice too much, because either choice will likely end with a great vacation and memories to last a lifetime.

Beauty508
04-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks so much for the info :mickey:

SFTrny
04-24-2009, 11:53 AM
One more thought...if you like the idea of the cabins and want to stock the kitchen, but don't want to rent a car for a grocery run...you can order groceries to be delivered through Garden Grocer.