PDA

View Full Version : Which Moderate to Book????

LadynTramp
04-23-2009, 11:16 AM
DH and I have finally decided on the dates of our next trip...but are really not sure where to stay. We're thinking about sticking to the Moderates so that we can stay in our budget. We've stayed at POR...and loved it...but don't know if we should try something new...or stick with POR? What do you think?? :blush:

ThanxForNoticin
04-23-2009, 11:33 AM
We are also big fans of POR, but have become even bigger fans of Coronado. I could stay at either one of them on any trip.

Pirate Granny
04-23-2009, 12:15 PM
I love the hammocks on the beach at CBR...and love getting my tea and walking around the water and just breathing in the sunshine and heat.
;pirate:

Buddy08
04-23-2009, 12:18 PM
We stayed at POR 4 times then decided to try POFQ which we will be staying at for a second time shortly. We really like the "Sister resorts". We just don't have alot of interest in staying at Coronado or Caribbean Beach. I guess we just found something we really like and decided to stick with it.

Gaz10
04-23-2009, 12:37 PM
we have stayed at both Port Orleans and Coronado Springs , And we prefer CS. the pool is less crowded , its not as busy as a lot of people who stay are on conference's, Blizzard Beach is just across the road, and also all the rooms have been refurbished for this year.
We are back in 4 weeks , can't wait!:yoda:

#1donaldfan
04-23-2009, 12:43 PM
....a vote for POR.....

...gotta love it..!!!!:mickey:

dreamfinder55
04-23-2009, 01:19 PM
I love the atmosphere at PORFQ!!!

DonaldsBFF
04-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Another vote for POR. On our next trip we were thinking about staying at COR but the more research I do the less likely it seems we will stay there. We love the location and setting of POR too much to switch I think. Our favorite section is the AB with the privacy and seclusion of the woods. We also enjoy the sister resort idea. It is nice to take a boat ride to DD and then on the way back get dropped off at POFQ and have a nice walk back "home".

buzz2001
04-23-2009, 01:36 PM
CSR is my family favorite! I don’t know if it will work for you but pick which resort theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs. Also, check out my CSR website below for updated info and pics.

Here is just some quick info on CSR.

CSR has newly renovated rooms (about half done as of 3/2009) and queen beds (only mod to offer them).

A terrific main pool area that includes a 123 ft slide (2nd largest at WDW), kiddie pool, arcade, playground, sand volleyball court, hot tub (largest on WDW property), a bar, and snack bar (very good food for CS).

Reliable transportation that is not shared with other resorts, 4 resort stops and quick rides to all the parks. CSR has the closest bus stops to the park entrances too (first stop at DHS and MK)!

Other amenities you may be looking for in a resort.
Only moderate to offer suites.

A spa, salon, tanning beds, a lap pool and fitness center (free to its guests).

Full menu room service, expensive though.

Central air, flat panel TV’s and WiFi available.

Rix Lounge – a dance club voted most trendy bar in Orlando.

A business center with computer access.

Wrigley
04-23-2009, 01:38 PM
A vote for CBR! It is by far our favorite moderate! We love the tropical relaxed feel and all of the beautiful bright colors. Our rooms have always been very clean and wonderful. We also love all of the quiet pools, which are usually never busy, and we love Old Port Royal which has the food court, arcade, and store. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with CBR!:thumbsup::mickey:

forever a child
04-23-2009, 04:35 PM
I vote for POR! Just love the atmosphere there! And we like taking the boat over the downtown disney in the evenings too. :mickey:

Mousemates
04-23-2009, 07:35 PM
CS (if queen beds are important to you), if not then POFQ

faline
04-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Coronado Springs Resort is our favorite moderate resort. We've stayed there several times and would stay again in a heartbeat! It as a number of the features offered by the deluxes (nicely outlined by buzz2001) which you often do not find at the other moderates.

That said, on our next trip, we'll be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter which will be our first stay at that resort (though we have stayed at Riverside before).

miprender
04-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Having just returned from POFQ:cloud9: that will be my suggestion. We just loved that resort and hope to return there someday again.
Maybe next year......:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
04-23-2009, 11:21 PM
I loved FQ but our next stay is going to be at the Cornado. It's been booked every time we wanted to stay there and I've been dying to after reading Buzz's reviews!

Tinkerbella16
04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
I have stayed at all the moderates, and I love POFQ the best. POR was my favorite until I stayed at FQ in november. The size is so different, which I loved. Everything at FQ was so close, and you are only a walk away from POR so you can visit whenever you'd like. Having the boat to DTD is a great plus to staying at POR or FQ. I love the theming at FQ, everything is to the tee! In november we had a 1st floor, corner room and it couldnt have been more perfect! We had towel animals 3 times during our week there. The resort was so quiet the entire time we were there. The foodcourt was never crowded, which was great. And the Beignets are sooooo good!!!!! Only FQ has them!