PDA

View Full Version : Best Pool Area/Bar

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
04-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Okay I want to preface this be saying we are not looking to get loaded.

I was wondering people's opinions on the best pool area to hang out and have a few drinks with 6 adult Disney Lover's.

We are thinking about doing a more relaxing trip than we have ever done and thinking of choosing the resort based on the fact that we might actually finally spend some time there hanging out by the pool and having a few drinks.

Opinions?

KylesMom
04-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I love hangin' out at the Trout Pass Pool Bar at WL. The theming of the resort as a whole is amazing - truly beautiful. And their specialty beverages are really tasty!

I've also heard that Territory Lounge @ WL is a great place to kick back, relax & have a few cocktails & wings, but we've never done this before. It's on our "to do" list in June!

Seasonscraps
04-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Another vote for Trout Pass - great drinks and great bartenders! We sometimes went over there just to say hello :-)

Pirate Granny
04-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Storm-along-Bay at the YC&BC is the best place to unwind...we've been once...but I would consider going to DW and not going to the parks and just sitting by the pool and watching the world go by...we were there in September and had the pool to ourselves. The biggest drawback is that the pool closed at 8pm/9pm. According to the CM they had too much trouble with 'other visitors' once the parks closed and it's hard to monitor, so...you have to use the quiet pools after 8pm...so I don't know about the 'drink' part afterhours...but the movies on their beach is nice to unwind too...don't have to stay there to watch the movies...
:pirate:

sassafras
04-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Territory Lounge at the WL is a definitely a great place to kick back and relax! It's one of the reasons my DH likes to stay there ( he wasn't looking to get loaded either)

buzz2001
04-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Siestas at CSR.

DZNYGUY
04-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I think that the Poly is a good place for this. They have a great bar and a separate pool from the kids area that is tyically only inhabited by adults. Not to mention the beach for 7 seas lagoon...

Tinkerfreak
04-23-2009, 05:56 PM
We love the AKL pool. The atmosphere is so relaxing. We love to sit by the pool with a drink. The entire resort is relaxing.
We tried SB at BC but found it so loud and there were so many people it just was not relaxing to us we felt the same way at the Poly pool.

hlkeck
04-23-2009, 06:44 PM
another vote for the pool and bar at AKL. Very nice and never too busy or loud.

passholderryan
04-23-2009, 07:00 PM
All of the post above are right on. I personally like the Swan/Dolphin pool bar. AKL is also great. The bar staff is top notch. I'd like to be sitting at one right now, but have to wait a week. I'll be trying SSR for the first time and will report back on it.

Alaska Disney Fan
04-23-2009, 08:37 PM
My vote is for AKL bar/pool, it's a great place to hang out!

PetefromRI
04-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Muddy Waters at the POR is very relaxing and of course the Banana Cabana at the CBR is a favorite.Siestas at the CSR is also a very beautiful place to unwind.

tjstrike
04-24-2009, 02:43 AM
The pool at the BC is the best, as far as hangin out and drinking, the pool/bar at POR is great plus they have a nice piano bar inside.

MNNHFLTX
04-24-2009, 08:35 AM
The two pool bars I would pick would be the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge (and at the Wilderness Lodge you get the added bonus of two hot tubs!)

PetefromRI
04-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Just a correction.The poolbar at POR is called Muddy Rivers.Wish I was there right now.

Figment78
04-24-2009, 01:14 PM
I personally really enjoy the Poly pool bar, which is right next to the beach. You can sit back, drink fuity drinks and soak in the polynesian atmosphere of palm trees while looking out at the castle!

I also really enjoyed Leaping Libations at the Boardwalk. I had a lounge chair right next to it, and they had tv's which my DH liked... It was very relaxing. The bar itself is a very attractive building.

Wilderness Lodge pool bar gets good reviews, but keep in mind that every afternoon they have a pool party that basically occurs right by the bar, which has a dj on a loudspeaker, and can get a little loud and crazy. Not a problem - just something to be aware of. (I watched the pool party happen every day from our balcony this past spring while my son napped - looked like fun!)

Coronado Springs has a fairly nice bar as well, and because it's a convention hotel, there are often a bunch of "corporate types" hanging out on there after their sessions. Having been on those corporate trips, I didn't really feel like mingling with those people on my personal vacation and being reminded of work. But they serve food (like nachos) - the Poly bar does not. I believe Beach Club's Hurricane Hanna's serves food as well. If that's a factor.

BUT - If I had my choice and money was no object and I was picking a hotel according to the pool - I'd pick the Grand Floridian and I'd get a cabana at least one day!

TammiMcMan
04-24-2009, 09:29 PM
BUT - If I had my choice and money was no object and I was picking a hotel according to the pool - I'd pick the Grand Floridian and I'd get a cabana at least one day!The cabana's were recently renovated and now they have the padded lounge chairs, loveseat, table & chairs, plus the fridge, tv w/entertainment center and personal cabana attendant. Perfect way to enjoy a relaxing day by the pool.

grumpypima
04-24-2009, 10:18 PM
One more vote for CSR:number1:

We love the pool & bar area at CSR. The pool is great, plus there is a volley bar area next to the bar & grill building. Muddy Rivers at POR is another good one. I remember it being very relaxed and shaded there when we were there in September.

Alligirl
04-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Great list thanks!! We are going with some friends in June and our kids will be off doing thier own thing at times so its nice to know where we can go to relax a bit!

dtootsie42
04-26-2009, 01:19 PM
I think that the Poly is a good place for this. They have a great bar and a separate pool from the kids area that is tyically only inhabited by adults. Not to mention the beach for 7 seas lagoon...

Ditto for me!

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

PixieMagic
04-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Poly! Barefoot Pool Bar, between the Volcano Pool and the beach...you can have a few drinks at the table, swim in the pool, grab a hammock by the beach, take a dip around in the sea racers, and all the while see your magical Disney castle in the background! :cloud9: Plus Captain Cooks is right by so you can always grab a snack!

TammiMcMan
04-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Just to clarify, you don't have to be a guest of the resort to have a drink at the pool bar. I can't remember if the bar is inside the pool complex at the YC/BC. I think it's located in a public area, so you'd be fine with that one too.

The pools and beaches themselves are usually reserved for guests of that resort only, but feel free to explore the rest of the area and have a drink.

playdead88
04-26-2009, 05:02 PM
so far out of the resorts we have stayed i vote for the beach club - that said i am looking forward to checking out the AKL pool bar in 28 days!!