PDA

View Full Version : Poll- Kona or Chefs de France

Leighler
04-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Do you prefer Kona :papple: or Chefs de France? :wine: Even if you haven't eaten at both and have strong feelings towards one feel free to vote.

I know they're different but if you had to choose one which one would it be- why?

What dishes do you specifically love at each place?

morebroccoli
04-22-2009, 08:58 PM
well i have eaten at both, the Kona way more often than Chefs. the food at both places is great, but i voted for the Kona. i usually eat at the Kona at least 3 times every trip. i would be happy eating there every meal. the atmosphere, the food, the sticky wings! it is so relaxing. especially a late lunch at say, 2pm. everyone is at the parks, lunch rush is over, it is just so relaxing and beautiful. i dont know, i just love the Kona! :mickey:

sisterdisco
04-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Kona Cafe is awesome. So that's my vote!

Pastcastmemberdaughter
04-22-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm all about Kona! The food is delicious and the staff is usually really good about getting things out to you quickly. It may just be my opinion but I think France is a little expensive for the food that you get, plus you have to fight the park crowds to get to it. I'm sure you'd enjoy both though.

dtootsie42
04-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Love the Kona....have always gotten great food and wonderful service. :mickey:

svarhall07
04-22-2009, 11:36 PM
I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of either, but like I've said many times here on intercot, Chefs de France is my LEAST favorite restaurant in all of WDW. Kona has a great coconut rib eye and some other great american/pacific combinations. Kona has a great atmosphere, you can get a leigh when you enter the Poly, and look around the fountain while you're waiting for your ADR (plus its on the monorail). Chefs de France - the food is VERY mass produced. i have traveled through France many times, and this food is not at all reflective of french cuisine. plus, if you have children, Kona is much much much more child friendly, Chefs de France is stuffy for children.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Its been a few years since we ate at Chefs De France, I remember the desserts were quite good but the entrees were a little on the bland side

We ate breakfast at Kona in December and the food was excellent/my son had steak and eggs which were good/I had Tonga Toast which was yummy and my mom had the best which was the Big Kahuna breakfast that had the macadamia nut pancakes on it/the coffee was excellent and our server wonderful

I'd pick Kona over Chefs:)

#1donaldfan
04-23-2009, 01:05 PM
....we didn't care for Kona at all .....it was very loud, and the protions seemed to be small, compared to most Disney eateries....just sayin'.....:mickey:

animalkingdomguy
04-27-2009, 02:38 PM
A bit like trying to compare apples and oranges.

SBETigg
04-27-2009, 03:17 PM
I've eaten at both. I've had good meals and bad meals at both. The bad at Kona, unfortunately, was far worse than the bad at Chefs, and the good at Chefs was far better than anything I've had at Kona. Therefore, I choose Chefs. Plus, Chefs de France has Remy from Ratatouille making the rounds now (so cute!).

Polynesian Dweller
04-27-2009, 08:07 PM
I've never actually had a bad meal at either but every time at Chefs has just been painfully slow service. That works in Paris where it is the norm but not at Epcot. So you'll be Ok at either but I'd suggest Kona followed by Wishes over the lagoon.

RAIDER
04-30-2009, 07:16 AM
A vote for Chefs de France but only if its for the dinner menu as the lunch menu is quite limited :thumbsup:

Mousemates
04-30-2009, 08:37 AM
We've had good experiences at both places...but for us the sticky wings put Kona a notch above Chefs.