PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Tea Dress Code?

FenwayGirl
04-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Has anyone been to the tea at the GF...is there a dress code for that?

svarhall07
04-22-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't think there is a dress code. my girlfriend and I just wore our general casual park clothes. The kids were dressed like kids, and the adults looked like adults. I'm not sure if there are little things like no flip flops or no swim shorts, but pretty much its casual and very family friendly.

Nini5055
04-23-2009, 08:54 AM
I think what you wear to the parks is fine. :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
04-23-2009, 09:55 AM
1) Yes, people do wear "park" attire.
2) But, most come in nicer/dressier attire. *
3) After all, it is somewhat more refined than romping at MK.

* Shorts and shirts; very few T-shirts; usually pressed or "freshened" clothes.

Nini5055
04-23-2009, 10:33 AM
A side note: We are doing the GF Tea during our trip in May and will freshen up and quite possibly change beforehand. But for us it will be easy to do as we are staying at the GF.

If you are attending the Tea as a midday break from the park, I don't necessarily believe you need to go all out and dress up, I would just plan ahead to wear something along the lines of:

Men - Kahki walking shorts and a polo shirt w/collar.

Women - Perhaps a skort or nice shorts (not too short or cut offs) and a top (not tank top or bathing suit).

I hope this helps answer your question! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
04-24-2009, 08:40 AM
My 2 tween/teen daughters and I did the tea together this past August. We wore sundresses and sandals. I did not see anyone in regular park attire, looked like everyone took it up a notch. This feels like a special event. Its on the quiet side, the china is beautiful and delicate and the food petite and pretty. Dressing the part, even just a little, feels right.

LynneM
04-25-2009, 09:06 AM
My 2 tween/teen daughters and I did the tea together this past August. We wore sundresses and sandals. I did not see anyone in regular park attire, looked like everyone took it up a notch. This feels like a special event. Its on the quiet side, the china is beautiful and delicate and the food petite and pretty. Dressing the part, even just a little, feels right.

I agree. Sure, lots of people go there straight from the parks, but it's a very elegant setting, and I, personally, wouldn't feel right sitting there among the fine china in sweaty, wrinkly park clothes. I change into a nicer pair of shorts and a nicer shirt. Nothing super-fancy, just resort-casual.

Some people do dress up for the tea, I've seen ladies in nice dresses and hats there. I'd say most people are resort casual - a step up from theme park wear.

ElenitaB
04-25-2009, 01:08 PM
The last time we were to Tea at the GF, we went straight from the parks. Having debarked from the Wonder the day before and having seen boys in tank tops and cut-off shorts at the "dress up" evening ( :mad: ), I felt fine that my DS was in a new, clean t-shirt and khaki shorts. I was in similar garb... we were not treated poorly at all. So this time we were the ones dressed on the lower end (other times DS has been in a polo shirt and I've been in a summer dress). I'd maybe say that the refined atmosphere merits refined behavior... no matter whether one is dressed up or dressed casually.