PDA

View Full Version : Are the park hours/EMH always up the same 90 days before making ADR's??

Gregandmel
04-22-2009, 02:55 PM
With our next upcoming trip I was wondering about the 90 day window for both the park hours AND the ADR's you can make. I don't want to make my ADR's until I know which park I'm going to visit on that day, but I won't know THAT until the hours are posted and I know which park has EMH's.

I know exactly when I am going to be able to make my ADR's for our trip next year (I've counted backwards on my calendar already!!) :blush: but is it a given that the hours will be posted as well??

Anyone run into a problem that they are able to make their ADR's, but the new park hours aren't up yet? Thanks for any info!!!!

BMan62
04-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Park hours are generally put up 3 months in advance - the '90 day ADR' reservation may not apply in your particular case.

Like in our case, we are going in mid-September, so our ADR reservation date is June 17th. September hours should be posted early in the first week of June. We will have about two weeks to get our ADR timing straight.

KylesMom
04-22-2009, 03:16 PM
The only thing that may impede you is if your 90-day window is on the cusp of a new month. For example, if your ADR call date is June 28th for an October 1st trip, the October calendar may not yet be up when it's time to make your first ADRs.

That being said, Disney's done a pretty good job of getting their calendars up in a timely manner the last several months. :mickey:

dancin Disney style
04-22-2009, 09:08 PM
The only thing that may impede you is if your 90-day window is on the cusp of a new month. For example, if your ADR call date is June 28th for an October 1st trip, the October calendar may not yet be up when it's time to make your first ADRs.

That being said, Disney's done a pretty good job of getting their calendars up in a timely manner the last several months. :mickey:

Right.....many people are reporting that this is an issue. They can book the first few days but not the rest. The best plan of action is to look at last years hours for those days and use that as a guide.

Gregandmel
04-23-2009, 11:37 AM
We are planning our trip for 2010 and our arrival date is going to be April 25th, 2010. If I count back 90 days to the first day I can make ressies, that puts me to January 25th, 2010.

My concern/question is that I don't think the new park hours will be posted for all of April until probably February 1st (or so). I wanted to make my ADR's based on which park we would be at, but I won't know that until the schedule comes out.

Has anyone ever run into this problem? If so, what did you do? Make a bunch of ressies, then adjust them once the park hours become available? Help!!!! :confused:

faline
04-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Folks run into this all the time. I think most use educated guesses based on what park hours have been at that time of year in the past.

BMan62
04-23-2009, 11:59 AM
We are planning our trip for 2010 and our arrival date is going to be April 25th, 2010. If I count back 90 days to the first day I can make ressies, that puts me to January 25th, 2010.

My concern/question is that I don't think the new park hours will be posted for all of April until probably February 1st (or so). I wanted to make my ADR's based on which park we would be at, but I won't know that until the schedule comes out.

Has anyone ever run into this problem? If so, what did you do? Make a bunch of ressies, then adjust them once the park hours become available? Help!!!! :confused:

I believe you will find that April hours will be posted early January.
Example: It is currently April, but hours are out through July (that is - May, June and July hours are all out.)

Gregandmel
04-23-2009, 12:01 PM
The park we choose for the day depends on the EMH for the day - I guess that's what I meant - not necessarily the hOURS itself, but which park has the EMH. Does anyone know if they remain consistent year to year. I would imagine there is variation of sorts.

KylesMom
04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
The park we choose for the day depends on the EMH for the day - I guess that's what I meant - not necessarily the hOURS itself, but which park has the EMH. Does anyone know if they remain consistent year to year. I would imagine there is variation of sorts.

We really haven't run into variations on the EMH the past couple of years, going in June/July/August. They've remained constant throughout, although they may add in an EMH here or there. The only discrepancy we've noticed is that when Star Wars Weekends is occurring they had been removing the EMH from DHS on Friday. This year they've added them back in.

The only thing you might run into in late April is Grad Nights where DHS may close earlier than normal. I'd do a Google Search to find out when they are next year. Otherwise, we've always "guessed" based on both previous years and months around our travel dates, and we've never had to move one reservation we made due to varying EMHs.