PDA

View Full Version : End of September Visit....

LadynTramp
04-22-2009, 02:13 PM
My DH and I are thinking about planning out next trip for the end of September. We were toying with the idea of October...but September is in the value season;) How are things in the end of September (ie. crowds, weather). We went in May last time and loved it....but I don't think we'll last without a vacation until then...:mickey:

Strmchsr
04-22-2009, 02:27 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

With the "free" dining promo being so popular all of September has grown more crowded, but it's still not obnoxious. The restaurants are extremely difficult to get in to, but the rides are not too bad.

Weather is still hot and humid, though not like in July and August. Love bugs are out in full force. This is the end of peak hurricane season, which is always a factor.

MidnTPK
04-22-2009, 02:35 PM
See this recent thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=152738).

sleepingbooty
04-22-2009, 04:09 PM
We love going at the end of September. It has grown a little crowded each year, but is still so much less crowded than summer (the only other time I've been). We are going in May this year instead, and I'm a bit nervous that I won't like it as much as September!

PixieMagic
04-22-2009, 04:57 PM
We LOVE the end of September - best time of the year I have ever been there! Light crowds + value season + free dining!! As others have said it's still hot and humid, but nothing like summer, and not half as much rain. The only downside weather wise is the love bugs are EVERYWHERE. You don't notice them as much in other parks but in AK they can be a bit annoying...otherwise not an issue. The best part is most rides are practically walk on!!! We rarely had to wait at all and if we did it was 10-15min! WOO HOO!!! I think we walked on the the major rides 2-3 times in a row each...didn't even need our fast passes for most attractions! Honestly the hardest thing to get into were the restaurants with the free dining! LOL! Wish we were able to go during that time this year but Dsis has college and can't miss - oh well!:mickey: