PDA

View Full Version : Carribean Beach Resort Help

Butchiem1
04-22-2009, 01:27 PM
I have a Question I hope all the smart people on these boards can help me with, as they usually do :thumbsup:

Me and my 2 DSs (12 & 10) are going to WDW the end of June, and we are staying at CBR :mickey:

I want to request a certain section that is not too far from the pool or a bus stop. (I paid for a standard room, so I know I am limited)

Also I heard that the resort is going through refurbishments and that by now they may be done, I have read horror stories of people getting disgusting rooms, Should I request a refurbished room or has the whole resort been refurbished already.

Thanks so much in advance

Nathan

CAS
04-22-2009, 02:16 PM
I think even the oldest room will be far from disgusting. I feel that kind of report is probably exaggerated. I've been staying there for 20 years and have yet to have a sub-par experience.

In any case, take a look at the map layout at http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/caribbeanbeach07.JPG
This will give you the best idea of where you'll want to request a room. As far as room number, they won't be able to accomodate you there. But in general, most buildings and villages are laid out in a way to be fairly equidistant from pools and bus stops. Each village has a pool and the bus stops are in varying locations, some across the parking lot so the building number in that case matters little.

What tends to matter most is distance to Port Royale (food!). Jamaica, Aruba, Trinidad North and Martinique are all the closest. More specifically, buildings 25, 31, 51 and 45 are ideal for us. :cloud9:

dancin Disney style
04-22-2009, 08:38 PM
My request would be for Jamaica 45. It's a nice walk across the bridge to OPR.

Remember that a request is just that. They will not guarantee anything. But it never hurts to ask. So far I'm 3 for 3 with getting exactly what I asked for.

CleveRocks
04-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Since every village has its own pool and its own bus stop, you're never far from one of those. As far as the MAIN pool goes, for standard rooms, your closest buildings, in no particular order, are Aruba 51, Jamaica 45 and Martinique 23.

KatMark
04-22-2009, 10:48 PM
From what I understand, all of the rooms are done with the rehab with the exception of some of the pirate rooms (which you will not have because you have to pay extra for those). All of the other rooms (Nemo theme) are complete.