PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club rooms

Gaz10
04-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Could anyone recomend a nice room to request on our arrival the Beach Club,we have never stayed here before. we are staying at the end of May.

TammiMcMan
04-22-2009, 12:53 PM
What room view did you book?

moe513
04-22-2009, 01:19 PM
:welcome:

Jeff T
04-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Regardless of the room view you paid for, I would request a room on one of the upper floors, near the lobby, with a full balcony facing the lakeside of the property. Also be sure to request a room with a daybed. Over the years I personnally have had great success with the room assigned to me using the request above.

Gaz10
04-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the reply,Would a room with a daybed only have one normal bed? , we usually have 2 doubles as there are 4 of us.

06 Port Orleans
07 Coronado and Poly
08 Port Orleans and Coronado
09 Coronado and Beach Club

TammiMcMan
04-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the reply,Would a room with a daybed only have one normal bed? , we usually have 2 doubles as there are 4 of us.You'll either get a room with 2 queen beds or 2 queen beds + daybed. Priority for the day beds would obviously be given to guests with 5, but you can always ask. There used to be a very small number of rooms that had only double beds. I'm not sure if that's changed, but I imagine they only assign them if the resort is near occupancy.

One word of advice is that if you have more than 1 simple request, list them by priority. For example, full balconies are in the minority at the BC, so if that's important, list that request first. Personally, unless you have a water view booked, I like the area around the quiet pool. I don't mind 1st floor there, because they do come with a full patio and it has great access to the International Gateway. It is a further walk to the marina for the boat. We're also not huge fans of SAB, so the quieter pool is preferable to us. Not sure what your priorities are for this trip or what view you paid for.

Gaz10
04-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks, We only have a standard room booked but if you dont ask you dont get. I know that when we stayed at the Polynesian I asked about a pool view room and was put in the Samoa building overlooking the Volcano , Fantastic view.Thanks again for your views.:mickey:

TammiMcMan
04-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks, We only have a standard room booked but if you dont ask you dont get.The standard views at the BC aren't as bad as what you'd find at the YC. I would just avoid being in the front of the building if at all possible.

Good luck with your request. Let us know the room number and view when you get back :thumbsup:. It could come in handy for someone else planning a BC stay.

MOJoe
04-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Personally, unless you have a water view booked, I like the area around the quiet pool. I don't mind 1st floor there, because they do come with a full patio and it has great access to the International Gateway. It is a further walk to the marina for the boat. We're also not huge fans of SAB, so the quieter pool is preferable to us.

If i may ask, isn't a pool view considered a water view? I also have a standard view room booked for June, and thought that standard view meant the front of the building. Could i get a pool view?

TammiMcMan
04-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Yes, at the BC it's either standard view which does include the parking lot and gardens or there is the water view, which is pool and lagoon. Most of the area around the quiet pool falls under the standard view.