PDA

View Full Version : What's the "route" of the DTD Boat from Port Orleans?

Gregandmel
04-22-2009, 09:42 AM
I posted another question about the boat ride from Port Orleans to DTD. Now I would like to know if anyone can tell me the "route". It sounds like it STARTS at POR, then picks up guests at POFQ?

It looks like there are 3 boat docks at DTD. One by the Rainforest Cafe, one that looks closer to Planet Hollywood, then one close to Cirque de Solei (sp?)

Which dock does it stop at first? Do the boats run pretty regularly?

thanks for any info. We are new to DTD and POFQ - just want to make sure I"m not missing something. I assume the ONE boat stops at all 3 docks, and that you don't have to take a separate one depending on which dock you want dropped off at.

Thank you everyone!!!!!:D

ibrowse17
04-22-2009, 09:50 AM
They do run between POR, POFQ and on to DTD. The route takes you past the treehouses, which is pretty cool. The times we have ridden them, we have only stopped at the dock near the Rainforest Cafe. They may make stops at the other docks, but have not on any of the trips we have taken. They do run on a fairly regular basis, and it really is a relaxing ride:thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
04-22-2009, 10:56 AM
The times we have ridden them, we have only stopped at the dock near the Rainforest Cafe. They may make stops at the other docks, but have not on any of the trips we have taken. They do run on a fairly regular basis, and it really is a relaxing ride:thumbsup:

We too have only ever been dropped off/picked up at the Rainforest Cafe dock. I think the other docks are for separate boats that run or did run between one end of DTD and the other.

Mousemates
04-22-2009, 10:59 AM
We too have only ever been dropped off/picked up at the Rainforest Cafe dock.

:ditto:

also ditto on the going by the treehouses is pretty cool...the trip at night has an African Queen feel to it...its the most relaxing boat transport ride at Disney.

EeyoresBestFriend
04-22-2009, 11:31 AM
It just takes the routes the others have mentioned. :mickey:

It starts at Riverside to French Quarter then to DTD at Rainforest and then back via FQ then Riverside. The other docks are for the DTD water Taxi that does a loop from the same dock by the Rainforest to Cirque and Pleasure Island. I think there is also another boat that goes to one of the DVC's but I'm not sure as I have never been at one.

Eight more months! :cloud9:

CleveRocks
04-22-2009, 10:20 PM
I'll just restate it all in one place.

Boat starts at POR. Stops at POFQ. Stops at DTD Marketplace (next to Capt. Jack's and Rainforest Cafe). Returns to POFQ, then on to POR. Repeat.

From a different "entrance" at the Marketplace dock, you can also take boats to: DTD West Side (via water taxi); Saratoga Springs Resort; Old Key West resort.