PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant dress codes

Maxwell
04-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Besides Victoria and Alberts, is it OK to wear "jorts" in the other restaurants?

Figment!
04-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Not sure what a jort is, but you can find restaraunt dress codes in the Disney Restuarant Dress Codes (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dresscodes/default.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.

deedeenmickey
04-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Most of the resturants with the exception of signature dining and maybe a few of the DTD and hotel resturants are casual and you would be fine. It all revovles around theme parks and most people don't dress up to go to theme parks.;)

DVC2004
04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
I also don't know what jorts are... but most people don't seem to adhere to the dress code at the restaurants that do have one anyway. Last trip I saw jogging suits, dirty work boots and cut off denim shorts (on a man) at one of the hotel (not inside the theme parks) signature restaurants. So barring you are clothed and not in swimwear you won't be turned away.

Nini5055
04-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Well, V&A is the ONLY restaurant that does not allow children and it is pretty fancy inside (table linens & fine china). I would think you might feel better if you kicked it up a notch for that particular restaurant...I would.:thumbsup:

DisneyHoneymooners
04-22-2009, 09:36 AM
I think you would be fine at any theme park restaurant but you might be out of place at the signature dining restaurants. I agree with what someone earlier said about people don't seem to adhere to the dress code policy sometimes. I guess its just like else where the "slobifacation" of America continues!

mudpuppysmom
04-22-2009, 03:15 PM
I can say that my family spruces up before we go to signature places (Jiko, Artist Pt, Cali Grill, Narcoossees), but we have seen at a few places ppl that are in way less than "business casual" attire, which I think now they call their dress code, resort casual? We don't wear jeans and tshirts, we wear khaki pants, skirt, blouse, button down shirts....even DS#1 get cleaned up and does not complain about it, so if a 4, 5, 6 yr old can get cleaned up, we all can.....:soapbox: getting off now.

At any rate, I know you're on vaca, and I know it's Disney, but if the place asks you to look a little more than presentable I think you should adhere to their policy, but that's just IMHO.

Goes4FastPass
04-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Whatever the published dress codes are, jorts and a thousand other looks both more and less casual are the 100% every day norm at all WDW restaurants except V&As.

and

Isn't a funny how whenever someone says dining a at WDW is a collection of t-shirts, high chairs and ketchup packets someone says, "ooooo what about Victoria and Alberts?"

Belster
04-22-2009, 04:34 PM
We really never dressed up even at signature restaurants. We were at the parks all day and that is the way we came. I made sure to have a comfy sun dress on the day we went to Brown Derby but that is it.

princessesmom
04-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure what jorts are. If you look at the official dress code, jeans and t-shirts are fine. And you will see plenty of jeans in the signature restaurants. You will also see some people more dressed up, both are perfectly acceptable by Disney standards.

dancin Disney style
04-22-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think 'jorts' are jean shorts.