PDA

View Full Version : Can you go to Orlando without going to the World?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
04-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Say you were in Orlando for a few days with some friends or coworkers and everyone wanted to only go to that other theme park in the area. You were there right near the Happiest Place on Earth, and you didn't go.

How would that make you feel? Would you be all right with going to that other park only, or would you be missing the Magic?

Seasonscraps
04-21-2009, 09:36 PM
I would be totally fine with it.

LudwigVonDrake
04-21-2009, 09:44 PM
I can't go to Orlando without going to WDW :smickey:

DisneyPrincess21
04-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Say you were in Orlando for a few days with some friends or coworkers and everyone wanted to only go to that other theme park in the area. You were there right near the Happiest Place on Earth, and you didn't go.

How would that make you feel? Would you be all right with going to that other park only, or would you be missing the Magic?

:jaw: All I have to say is.... That even the very thought of not going to WDW is :banned::rant::noway:

:fit::crying::sob:
So to sum it up. I would have to go to WDW, Not going isn't even an option, nor is it in my vocabulary! (just in case you couldn't tell from my repsonse) :D

deedeenmickey
04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I like that other theme park too but I believe I would be severely disappointed. I could do it if I absolutely had to.:cry:

g8rgirl29
04-21-2009, 10:18 PM
:jaw: No way!!! I shudder at the thought!!!! Here is me sneaking away :tiptoe: to WDW :whew:!!

Mickey91
04-21-2009, 11:35 PM
What?? :scratch:There are other parks?? :shrug: There are other reasons to go to Orlando??:rub: to Florida?? :confused: No way!!:jaw:

i'm grumpy
04-22-2009, 12:11 AM
I know people who live there and never go. :fit::eek2:

ILoveLegos
04-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Yup, been there had that situation. Non-Disney trips to the Orlando area because the family likes to "mix it up a bit". It's okay because the other parks make me appreciate Disney when I get arond to that next WDW trip!

But in the meantime and honestly as much as I love Walt Disney World, those other parks have some rippin' rides too - so I proudly wear my Mickey Mouse shirt as I concer those coasters, tremble with the Terminator, shake Shamu's splashes off, behold the Southern Bells and go on Safari in Tampa! :mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
04-22-2009, 12:13 AM
What?? :scratch:There are other parks?? :shrug: There are other reasons to go to Orlando??:rub: to Florida?? :confused: No way!!:jaw:

:rotfl: My thoughts exactly! Florida=Disney World
There isn't anything else to do in Florida but Disney World!!
:scratch:Wait A Minute......Don't the rest of you have to pay the $100 fee to sign that contract when entering Florida that says you promise to visit WDW while on vacation in Florida?
MAN! I knew there was no such thing as a $100 fee to get a pass to be allowed into florida! :eek2:

DisneyPrincess21
04-22-2009, 12:20 AM
I know people who live there and never go. :fit::eek2:

:old:SHAME!! SHAME!!!! I know a lady who has 2 kids and they moved to florida over 9 months ago, And only lives like 90 miles from WDW and has never been to wdw! :angry::down::humph::fit: If I lived even as far as north carolina I would be there every couple months. If I lived in florida I would be there atleast once a month. If I lived in kissimmee area I would be there atleast once a week. :blush:

Mousemates
04-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Going to Orlando without going to Disney would be like going to Hawaii and not going to the beach, yes, the mountains, volcanoes, and pineapple plantations are nice to visit, but the ocean and the beach is what its all about and why you go there in the first place. So could you do it? Sure. But doing so just doesn't make sense to us. :confused:

illini
04-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Uhhh, no. Not doable for me. I haven't even made it to the "other" parks because I'm unwilling to give up even one Disney day.

We're considering doing a beach trip to Destin, but I'm not sure I can handle being 6-7 hours away and not going to WDW, so I definitely couldn't go to Orlando without it!

1DisneyNut
04-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Why would you even go to Orlando if you were not going to go to WDW? lol
I can go ride roller coasters a few hours away at six flags for a fraction of the cost and time.

cjb121879
04-22-2009, 09:45 AM
My answer is a big fat NO- I could not imagine going to Orlando and not visiting Disney!

BUT, the reverse is also true- I can't imagine going to Orlando and not visiting the other park either. It has some of the best rides around and I am NOT a roller coaster junkie! It is also a must do. I'm not sure how some of you guys never make it over there.

Don't get me wrong, WDW is my favorite and the primary reason I visit the Orlando area (no one comes close for overall experience, variety and sheer atmosphere:number1:), but for me, I always set aside a day or two to visit the other place too!

MMFreak
04-22-2009, 01:10 PM
We do every year and it is bearable but a dispappointment.

We go to Florida twice a year. Once to Disney and then we have a time share that we go to again at the end of the summer and we usually just go to other parks in the area. We always end up having fun but I always do miss WDW.

Hull-onian
04-22-2009, 02:05 PM
I'd have to go to The World.:mickey:

Nini5055
04-22-2009, 02:41 PM
:bike::diver::boat::walk: It is WDW or Bust!!!! The thought crossed my mind and then disappeared completely.

Unacceptable...What is a visit to Orlando without a visit to WDW?!?!?!?:shrug::faint:

Priority Four
04-22-2009, 03:36 PM
No way. My family would mutiny.

jrkcr
04-22-2009, 05:03 PM
We've never been to any other park in Orlando. And we don't plan to.

disneyboy98
04-23-2009, 12:43 AM
I am with JrKcr, we have never been to any other park outside of Walt Disney World.

The only thing that I could even think about getting me to go to that other place that starts with a "U" is to see that new Harry Potter land that they are creating. After that, I am back to WDW and not leaving!

In all honesty, I don't even know if there is a city or a rest of the state beyond those purple signs.

GrmGrninGost
04-23-2009, 05:38 AM
NO WAY! If I head south, WDW has to be my destination! :mickey:

drummerboy
04-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Funny you should ask. we couldn't even pass through without stopping.

DW and I drove down to a christening for our friends' son in 1984 or so. The christening was near Sebring. We had to pass through Orlando on the way home and got there around 3 in the afternoon. Some huge magnet that WED diabolically planted near the entrance drew our car right on in. :blush: that was our first time in Epcot and we managed to do it all in that afternoon and evening. (Can't remember what time of year it was--I think early spring, but the crowds were very low.)

Luckily, we found a small motel further up the road that had a vacancy for that night, since we originally had planned to drive through to NC all in that day.

brownie
04-23-2009, 01:08 PM
There are other places in Orlando besides Walt Disney World?;)

It would be very hard for me to be in Orlando and not spend some time at Disney World.

ibrowse17
04-23-2009, 01:30 PM
What's Orlando?? :thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
I couldn't justify the cost of a single day park ticket, but I would still go to WDW. Maybe to Downtown Disney, or have dinner at one of the resorts, but I would certainly go out of my way to go.

Tinksalot
04-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I have gone without going to any of the parks, but usually have to go to Downtown Disney to feel alittle bit of the "magic". :mickey:

tomatoe pie
04-24-2009, 10:16 AM
are you kidding? :humph::down::shake::nope:

Dopey's Girl
04-24-2009, 01:37 PM
The only time I have ever been in the state of FL (trip to the Key's) and not gone to WDW, we actually flew over the area and the pilot pointed it out. I burst into tears being thousands of feet above it and not being able to stop. Considering that I don't think I could be in the state again and not carve out some time for :mickey:.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-26-2009, 09:24 PM
I can go to Orlando and NOT go to those other parks but I couldn't skip my WDW.

beksy
04-27-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't think I could even go to Florida without going to WDW! Orlando would definitely be impossible. We do go and spend time at WDW and then go to other parts of FL but WDW is always included!

marylynne95
04-28-2009, 11:09 AM
I could not go to Florida without going to WDW. My boyfriend wants to check out that other park and I am having a hard time with not being in Disney for that day, actually 2 days, because we would check out both parks. I'll manage, because we are staying on Disney property and renting a car for the first time this trip. He almost suggested going down for just that park! I said NO WAY!!

PrettyMinnie
04-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I could. I like Oralndo itself not just because it is also home to the happiest place on Earth. Not saying I would NOT want to go, I would just be ok with not heading over to WDW.

SBETigg
04-28-2009, 03:45 PM
My husband does it for business all the time. He won't go to WDW without me. I'm not sure I could be that noble. I usually try to insist that he goes, but he insists it's not the same without me.

RAIDER
04-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Ive never done it as i love Epcot and MK to much .But yes i could do it for a bet or if i had to as there are other theme parks and shows keep me occupied and as i come in Dec i tend to travel to see a NFL game anyway :thumbsup:

However if your including disney restaurants and shows in that question as well as DTD . Then the answer would be a firm NO