PDA

View Full Version : Carriage Ride at POR?

Gregandmel
04-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Has anyone ever done the carriage ride at POR? If so, what did you think? Where does it start (can't tell on the map). Was it worth the $$? Thanks!!!!

BluewaterBrad
04-21-2009, 04:03 PM
We have not done it...............it sure looks nice though!:mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-21-2009, 04:43 PM
My wife and I have done this 2 times and we loved it. It starts behind the main building at POR and goes around by the river and over to FQ and back around. It is only about 30 minutes or so but is very relaxing after a day in the parks. My parents were with us and watched the kids while we rode. They allowed us drinks on the carriage so I darted in a bought a small bottle of wine and they gave us two plastic goblets and we took them aboard. I timed it perfectly and did not realize it because as you travel over the bridge on the main road you could see firworks from somewhere I think DTD which was really cool. It was around $40-45 after tipping the driver a little extra if my memory is correct.

Tez
04-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Does it only seat two or can it accomodate four?
If it will accomodate four is that a per couple rate?

Cinderella's mom
04-21-2009, 07:16 PM
My BF and I went a few years ago when we had a 2yo and a 3yo. We had plenty room and I guess could have fit two more adults in, but the kids would have had to sit in laps (if allowed)... We had a blast!! As previously stated, it started out back of the Main Building and went to the FQ and back. I would say it took about 30 minutes and the kids loved it! Although, I hope to just have DH and I go by ourselves next time!:cloud9:

TheDuckRocks
04-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Does it only seat two or can it accomodate four?
If it will accomodate four is that a per couple rate?

It seats 2 adults and 3 children OR 4 adults.
The price is a flat fee for the carriage.

BugeyedMuggy
04-23-2009, 09:42 AM
We have done the carriage ride in POR and it was well worth it. We have also done the one at FWCG and personally we thought that one was more romantic.

BigWes6
04-25-2009, 12:00 PM
DW and I took a ride and it was very romantic . A little pricey but very nice ! And yes, you get picked up right beside the marina . They do want you to make a ressie for it ,they often have openings without making an advance ressie ,just approach the driver and they will let you know .

mom2morgan
04-25-2009, 06:39 PM
I enjoyed it, but once was a enough. I think it cost $35. We had a very, very nice driver, but he absolutely would NOT accept a tip - said he'd get fired if he ever did so. I tried the "offer it three times" thing, but he laughed and said he knew what I was up to, and it's been made very clear to them that they can not take a tip under ANY circumstances.

dmosher
04-25-2009, 08:14 PM
I am torn on this. While is sounds romantic, I remember the rides in Central Park (NYC) and again, romantic in theory, but just smelled like horse poo the whole way. Not romantic at all. The whole time I just felt sorry for the horse. Kind of ruined the romance. Is it just me?
:pipes:
D

mom2morgan
04-25-2009, 10:28 PM
I am torn on this. While is sounds romantic, I remember the rides in Central Park (NYC) and again, romantic in theory, but just smelled like horse poo the whole way. Not romantic at all. The whole time I just felt sorry for the horse. Kind of ruined the romance. Is it just me?
:pipes:
D"

hmm..I'm guessing you might not be much of a rural sort of person? I actual like the 'horsey" smell. As for feeling sorry for them - they seem to be pretty well treated and taken care of, but I have horses of my own so I'm a bit practical minded that way ;-)

tinksmom02
04-25-2009, 11:13 PM
My parents took DD on a carriage ride in Jan 2007, and then DH, DD and I did a carriage ride in Sept 2007. It was very nice, relaxing. I didn't notice that much of a smell, just that horse-y smell.

It was nice to do once, but I don't think we'd do it again. I LOVE hearing the horses clopping from our room, though!

Young@Heart
04-26-2009, 06:04 PM
My parents took DD on a carriage ride in Jan 2007, and then DH, DD and I did a carriage ride in Sept 2007. It was very nice, relaxing. I didn't notice that much of a smell, just that horse-y smell.

It was nice to do once, but I don't think we'd do it again. I LOVE hearing the horses clopping from our room, though!

I didn't even think of the that! I love that sound, too. I hope our room is somewhere along the path so we get to enjoy it.