PDA

View Full Version : who poses for ride photos?

castlelady36
04-21-2009, 01:00 PM
We have been to Disney enough to know where all the photos are taken on the rides and do crazy poses for fun. Some people look at us pretty weird but I am sure we are not the only ones who know when to flash the big grin at the right time!! :mickey:

Boojum
04-21-2009, 01:14 PM
We do!

In fact, my DD just got back from a choir competition in WDW. She brought back the most adorable ride shot of herself and her friends on EE, making "claw" fingers.

Great topic!

PixieMagic
04-21-2009, 01:40 PM
We have an amazing one from Dinosaur...it's classic!

deedeenmickey
04-21-2009, 01:46 PM
We have done this on Dinosaur, Splash and of course SSE. It's really fun. Can you get these added to your CD?

Mousemates
04-21-2009, 02:02 PM
who poses for ride pictures?

the mousemates family...once you learn exactly when and where the photo's are taken...you can strike a group for some very fun pics.

Wendy on Pixie Dust
04-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Some of our favorites - on Test Track (son and nephew reading a map with puzzled looks) and Tower of Terror (son and nephews literally climbing the walls)

KatrinaJ91
04-21-2009, 02:44 PM
My daughter worked as a CM this past Spring and Summer and part of her job was to watch the photos as they were taken and delete any photos with "un-Disneylike" behaviors (hand gestures). She had one family upset because their picture had been deleted so she let them re-ride immediately to get another pic taken. So, if you ever can't find your photo....it might be because of someone else on the ride! :secret:

TheVBs
04-21-2009, 02:47 PM
We don't know where the photos are taken, or we probably would. :mickey: In fact, I'm disappointed that we didn't take advantage of the ride photos on our last trip. I wish there was a way to get them on the photopass. Does anyone know which rides they take your picture on? :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
04-21-2009, 03:35 PM
We do! Although sometimes, if they recently put a new twist on the ride we are surprised and our planned pose doesn't work out. But it is still fun!

kid@heartforever
04-21-2009, 03:46 PM
My husband and 6 year old daughter have a thumbs-up pic from the Buzz Lightyear ride! It was so cute we had to buy it and frame it. She's had it on her dresser ever since!!!:mickey:

BriarRose
04-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Our favorite is Splash Mountain. We like to look really scared. One time we made signs that said "Hi Mom and Dad". It made a great souvenir to bring home to our parents.

mainemajor
04-21-2009, 04:50 PM
We do it al the time. One thing we try to do is be careful that we do not get in the way of others, because that might be their only time to ride and we would never want to ruin someone else's ride. To this end we have switched seats so that younger children are in front.

Daisy'sMom
04-21-2009, 08:05 PM
It is one of our must do things. Our collection grows with each visit and it is so much fun. We always let the kids pick out the pose. :mickey:

morebroccoli
04-21-2009, 08:08 PM
we make the most ridiculous faces on SSE. it is so funny to us because of the cartoon bodies they put you on and the tasks they have you do. plus everyone sees it GIANT sized in the room you go into after you get off the ride. we have the most fun doing that!

morebroccoli
04-21-2009, 08:11 PM
oh yeah also, one of the best Splash Mountain pics we ever did was when there was 4 of us and we had the log all to ourselves, and on the way down the big hill we all were pretending to be bored and reading our park maps. it was SOOO hard holding those maps like we were reading them. we even had our fingers on our chins like you would do if you were reaaalll interested in what you were reading. kinda like how old guys with beards do when they stroke their beards!

thejens
04-21-2009, 11:21 PM
That is too funny!!!
I don't know how you guys pose. My 10 year old son does the same thing. He looks totally bored :bored:on Splash, EE, etc. I, on the other hand, always have the same look: eyes tight shut, body braced, and terrified teeth clenched grin! :covered:

tjstrike
04-22-2009, 03:45 AM
We like to pose on TT the most but we've also posed on Buzz, and EE. :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
04-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Last time we went down we didn't- it was our first trip- but this time i'm sure we will. We live only about 2 hours from Hershey and they have a tour of Chocalate World- free by the way- and take your picture on the ride- well we have about 20 "goofy" photos. We usually make WWE poses- since my son loves wrestlers. Of course I had to have all those goofy poses we did. I secretly love that we do this. Great post!

LarryBoy
04-22-2009, 11:03 AM
I think I know where most of them are, but could somebody list all the rides with photos and where the photo takes place.
Also when did SSE add ride photos? One more question: Which ones can you use Photo Pass on? Is it just Test Track?

jrkcr
04-22-2009, 01:12 PM
On Splash, I always pose, smile big for the flash :photo: Then I quickly duck and completely cover my eyes, to prevent water from getting on my mascara and contacts. :blush:

I never remember where the pic is taken for Buzz, and I'm too busy trying to beat all my kids scores. :blush:

I also pose at DL on California Screamin, but DD17 has to shout out to me when the photo is about to be taken so I can smile. Otherwise I would look like :sick: in the pic!

elmjimmlm
04-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Would you consider your head down and eyes closed a pose? If it is then I pose in every picture...:blush:

BluewaterBrad
04-22-2009, 03:24 PM
I like posing on Dinosaur!:mickey:

disneyworld55925592
04-22-2009, 04:08 PM
oh yea my family and I always throw up the peace sign or stick out our tounges. we knwo where all the photo spots on the rides are :mickey:

Soul_Power
04-22-2009, 05:14 PM
If we know where the camera is, we'll pose. We went for the first time in 2007, and f the rides were new to us, so we had no idea where the cameras were. Those were fun, too, because our facial expressions were real! :mickey:
We posed on rides like the ToT that we've been on a million times at California Adventure because we knew what to expect. Check it out here (BF and I are in the front wearing black tops - notice the guy to our left looking at us like we're crazy people): http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/gill25/ToT.jpg

irish1967
04-22-2009, 09:00 PM
I try to look bored but usually look scared to death.

Funny though - on a family trip to WDW a couple of years ago, 17 of us asked the elevator operator at ToT if we could have our own elevator.

In the picture, 15 of us look scared to death. The other 2, my 15 (at the time) year old niece and her friend were totally posed. Head tilted, big smile, etc. It is pretty hilarious.

We ended up buying 6 copies of the picture!

cinderella crazy
04-23-2009, 09:29 AM
You mean people DON'T do this? I thought everyone posed for the cameras. ;) I love posing on ToT. :D

TheVBs
04-23-2009, 12:09 PM
So the rides listed so far that you can get your picture on are:

Expidition Everest
Dinosaur
Splash Mountain
SSE (Spaceship Earth?)
Test Track (can go on PhotoPass)
Tower of Terror
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

Are there any more?

Pally
04-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Yes, Tower of Terror is my favorite along with my younger son. My husband and older son don't really like ToT. We always pose and have a ball.

Pagan
04-23-2009, 01:07 PM
I used to pose and make funny faces, but then I started thinking that I might be ruining the shot for the other people in the same shot, so I stopped.

handmaidenofprincesses
04-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Although posing is entertaining, be careful not to get in other people's way please!

My aunt and I were kind of annoyed when we rode Test Track- our favorite ride, one we'd have liked to have a picture from- and the three people in front of us put their arms above their heads for the picture. You couldn't even tell we were in the backseat, and it was the only time we got to ride together the whole vacation, so we were kind of disappointed. :(

MNNHFLTX
04-24-2009, 08:57 AM
The real question is--who doesn't? :D

That's half the fun!

Ryan Towle
04-24-2009, 11:07 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2ztcxzo.jpg

Tim (top left): holding a sword from POTC
Dave (top right): on the phone
Skittish (Below Tim): doing "Cornholio"
Jay (Below Dave): sunglasses on, acting tough
Kate (Below Skittish): doing nothing, enjoying the drop
Me (Below Dave): doing an "Oh" face
Joe (Below Kate): looking straight ahead, screaming at the top of his lungs
Paul (Below Me): feeling himself up.

Yeah...we pose for pictures.

cinderella crazy
04-24-2009, 12:49 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2ztcxzo.jpg

Tim (top left): holding a sword from POTC
Dave (top right): on the phone
Skittish (Below Tim): doing "Cornholio"
Jay (Below Dave): sunglasses on, acting tough
Kate (Below Skittish): doing nothing, enjoying the drop
Me (Below Dave): doing an "Oh" face
Joe (Below Kate): looking straight ahead, screaming at the top of his lungs
Paul (Below Me): feeling himself up.

Yeah...we pose for pictures.

LOL!!! That's great! Thanks for the laugh!

MMFreak
04-24-2009, 03:04 PM
We pose too. Last year my two children and I finally got my husband on the dinosaur he "hates" this ride. He never says why he just always has a billion excuses not to ride. In any case we got him on the ride and when it came time for the picture my two children and I put smiling faces on and looked at my husband and pointed our fingers at him. It is completely dark so he had no idea. When we got off the ride to see the picture we laughed so hard. He is ducking down with the look of terror on his face and we of course are laughing and pointing. We had it framed and it hangs in our home and we love explaining it over and over again to friends that come to visit.

kmo84
04-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Oh my gosh! Too funny! I love to do this.
Usually it's just to get my kids to laugh.

But my wife will be relieved to know now I am not the only one who does it.

DNS
04-25-2009, 10:45 AM
I, on the other hand, always have the same look: eyes tight shut, body braced, and terrified teeth clenched grin! :covered:
Same here! I don't even realize I'm doing that. On one, I had my face bured in DH's shoulder and didn't remember doing that either. (This could explain why I never remember the scenes that others talk about.) :blush:

brad192
04-25-2009, 04:05 PM
When I was there last December, I was at MK on EMH night. It was about 10:30 in the evening when I decided to ride Splash.

The queue was EMPTY! I mean totally empty! It was surreal walking non-stop through the entire queue, right up to the load area. Needless to say, I got my own personal log for that ride! I was grinning ear to ear, and then I remembered the ride photo at the big drop. I spent most of the ride trying to decide what would be the coolest pose for the photo, and ended up with a big ol' goofy smile right at the camera, and a huge thumbs up.

Exiting the ride, I knew I just HAD to get that one. It turned out as good as I had expected, and while waiting to get my pic, I got several comments from fellow riders about how cool my picture was. I still get them when I show the pic to people. They usually start with "You got your own log?", followed by "What a great picture."

That night was really fun!