PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris: trip report part one

battle beast
04-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Well my flight took off On Monday, April 13th From Edmonton Alberta on route to Calgary, Alberta.

We transferred to a flight to Frankfurt, Germany, which would be nine hours. (!)

In that time, I was able to watch the complete Lord of the Rings (NOT the extended editions). That was cool.

We arrived in Frankfurt at 8:00 AM Tuesday, the 14th. Yah, you loose a WHOLE DAY FLYING. :/ Frankfurt, Germany, was pretty neat, from what I saw at the edge of the airport door.

We missed our flight, but Air France was nice enough to book us on a flight 1h 30m later, so no big deal. However, when we got to Paris, Two of our four luggage bags were missing. :cry:

We got our ride to our hotel, Residence Rive Gauche, in Val d'Europe (One stop by train from Disneyland.)

Val d'Europe is a big mall with several cool shops. We bought pops and munchies there sometimes.

So, by the time we got checked in and settled, we only had time to eat and shop a little, so we went to the Disney Village (Downtown Disney) and ate at the Rainforest Cafe. MY LORD WAS IT EXPENSIVE!!!

One soda pop was €5.90 ($9.40 Can; $7.60 US)!!! Outrageous!!! A plate of Appetizers was €21.00 ($33.72 Can, $27.23 US)!

AND, they add the tax... 19.6%!!! :(

We shopped at several stores; the Disney Store and others. You know what? They don't have ONE Antenna ball in the whole blessed park! :(

Also, clothes run a size too small, so if you want a large, get an extra large.

People over in France where Converse Chuck taylors. 6/10 people wear them! It's crazy!!!

Our train from our hotel to the park was a very short trip, but cost €3 ($4.80 Can, $3.80 US) for two, one-way tickets.

The trains run all the time, and are very, very, very long; they are also covered in graffito, head to toe. Well, mostly.

Our hotel room was very nice, but small; It wasn't really a hotel, it was a residence with small apartment studio things.

In mine, there was a small hide-a-bed (very comfy) a small closet, a bar fridge, a hotplate/stove thingy and a microwave.

I had a TV monitor/computer monitor, but all stations are in French, so no use there! I was able to watch DVDs; only Warner Bros. DVDs though. :/

I went to sleep very tired.

The next day, we would head into Paris.

More on that tomorrow!

Figment78
04-21-2009, 01:02 PM
I've always wanted to go to Disneyland Paris. I can't wait to read more of your trip report!

deedeenmickey
04-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Wow that was expensive! Sounds like a great experience though. I look forward to hearing more. I think I would like to go to Paris someday.

gauvin4
04-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the report. I look forward to more!!!

vizsla
04-22-2009, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the report.

BluewaterBrad
04-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the report. It makes me miss My WDW that much more!!:mickey:

KylesMom
04-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Ugh, the flights do not sound fun. However, I bet your trip will more than make up for the tedium of being on a plane for that many hours. Hope your bags were found! Looking forward to more! :mickey:

faline
04-23-2009, 01:21 PM
I always love to read about trips to the Paris parks!

pdrlkr
04-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
04-27-2009, 01:39 PM
I won't be going there anytime soon. Wow what a long haul to get there. Can't wait to read more on your trip report

artyboy
05-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the report...I need to do one from my trip over to Paris as well.

...and nobody believes me when I tell them how incredibly expensive the Paris parks are...we found it cheaper to drink wine with all meals than it was to buy a soda or bottled water...not that I'm complaining about that!

handmaidenofprincesses
05-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Mon dieu, c'est incroyable... I guess now I can see why my school's French department canceled our spring break trip to Paris due to "lack of funds." We didn't quite believe them when they told us how expensive it was... we sort of thought they just didn't want to go to to Eurodisney with us :blush:

jillluvsdisney
05-08-2009, 07:11 PM
First, I am soooo jealous. I can relate about the sticker shock. I was in Ireland in March. I planned ahead and knew it was going to be expensive but it was still a tough pill to swallow.