PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading?

Dream'nDisney
04-21-2009, 12:23 PM
We are still in the planning process. We have already paid for our tickets, and got the Waterparks and more, and the parkhopping add-ons. We are trying to figure out how to save some money, and I am wondering if we can change our package to just have the standard MYW tickets without these add-ons.

faline
04-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Generally, Disney is always willing to upgrade your tickets. However, they are not usually so willing to downgrade your ticket options.

DANAM
04-21-2009, 12:39 PM
If you are within the 60 day mark you will have to pay a fee. If your more than 60 days out they can't charge you a fee but I'm sure they will try to talk you out of doing it but can't stop you.

faline
04-21-2009, 12:51 PM
I understood change fees to apply to packages but not to ticket purchases.

DizneyRox
04-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Once you own the tickets, they are yours. Disney likes to upgrade (more money) not downgrade (less money) as mentioned.

When you are undecided on tickets, always get the least you need.

You may want to look at purchasing the no expiration option for those tickets. You can look at adding the no expiration option to those tickets to help save the water park days from expiring if you're not going to use them, but then you're actaully throwing good money after bad.

If those really are part of a package, then you should still be able to change them, but ask about the fees associated with doing so first. If you have the tickets in hand right now, they are not part of a package.