PDA

View Full Version : Update (and perhaps a teeny bit more pixie dust please)

handmaidenofprincesses
04-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone!

As many of you know, my niece has been very sick for the past year. The short version is: she had severe ulcerative colitis, ultimately resulting in the removal of her large intestine, colon and rectum last summer. She hasn't been able to return to school because her white blood cell count has been low and she's been susceptible to infection.

Well, today she returns to school! We're all very excited (though a bit nervous). It'll be her first time in school in more than a year. She's been out since a year ago last February, and has been tutored at home and in the hospital since. But today Faith, who is now 7 years old, makes her grand return to the first grade!!! :number1: :yay:

I just wanted to give you an update and to thank all of you again for praying for her over the past year. It really made a difference, especially when she was in the hospital. She loved looking at all of your posts (especially the emoticons haha)

If you can spare a teeny bit of pixie dust for her triumphant return to school, we'd all appreciate it. :pixie: Thanks again for being so supportive. You guys are the best. :rocks:

deedeebee
04-21-2009, 11:24 AM
:pixie:Good luck to Faith:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
04-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the update, Robin. Lots of :pixie: for you guys and prayers will continue.

DizNee143
04-21-2009, 12:07 PM
yay!! so glad to hear she is doing so well!!!
hope she has a great first day back at school!!! :mickey:

DisneyDog
04-21-2009, 12:18 PM
She must be an amazing child. I wish her the best!

badkitty
04-21-2009, 02:06 PM
What an ordeal for someone so young. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Best of wishes to Faith (what a great name) as she returns to school.

TheVBs
04-21-2009, 02:44 PM
:magic::pixie: From me too! I understand how you all must be feeling. Our oldest daughter was very ill for a few years and couldn't go to school. It was a fantastic day for us when she was able to return to school! :mickey:

MMFreak
04-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Awww that is sooo great that she has made this progress and is able to return to school. Sending pixie dust her way!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-03-2009, 07:14 AM
I hope she's doing well. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

merlinmagic4
05-03-2009, 07:55 AM
I hope it is going well!!! :pixie: :pixie:

Dulcee
05-03-2009, 09:56 AM
:party2: Congrats to your niece for making it so far, so fast. My Mom works in an elementary school system and has seen several kids come back from long term illnesses that have required hospilization. You'd be amazed how much going back to be with her friends and feeling just a little bit more like a "normal" kid again can do for a young child.

Best of luck to her and she seems very lucky to have such a caring Aunt.

RedSoxFan
05-03-2009, 02:15 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:Glad to hear she is doing well.

princessgirls
05-04-2009, 10:16 AM
I will keep this very special little girl in prayer.

I'm so glad that she is able to go back to school.
Julie:mickey:

FriendsofMickey
05-04-2009, 11:05 AM
:pixie:
I hope she is doing well.