PDA

View Full Version : Planning for 30th Birthday!

MrsDevlin2007
04-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Hello everyone! My husband and I, who spent our honeymoon at Disney in December of 2007 are looking to plan another trip. This time it'll be to celebrate my 30th birthday. I turn 30 on March 1, 2010 and wanted to be down there for the big day. I was thinking 2/27/10 to 3/6/10.

Do you all think this is a good time? Also, any idea when I'll be able to book via the Disney World website for those dates or should I call the number?

Thank you in advance!

MrsDevlin2007
04-21-2009, 10:56 AM
I'd love to also get some ideas on where to stay other than PC. We'd like to change it up a bit this time around.

LauraF
04-21-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm trying to do the same thing for my BF when he turns 30 this November.

2010 rates won't be released for quite some time - usually it's around July or August of the year before. But WDW has been known to move it up a bit from time to time. You'll have to wait along with the rest of us planning to go next spring!

For the b-day, it depends how much of a surprise you want. I've told my BF that we're' going to POFQ, but I'm really hoping to upgrade to ALK without him finding out. (His favorite restaurant is there.) But if you've been staying at PC, try something like CS - it's a bit off the beaten path, but quite close to most parks. It has the best walking paths for holding hands and other sorts of romantic things. But really any of the moderates are nice.

MrsDevlin2007
04-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks Laura! I really just want to get the ball rolling and some ideas. You've given me some things to think about. I am so impatient when it comes to waiting for things. LOL

Strmchsr
04-21-2009, 11:38 AM
You can actually book now. As Laura said, 2010 rates won't be released for a few months (it's actually end of July / first of August) but you can book now (I think the booking window is around 400 days out) knowing that you will not know final price until rates are released. I would suggest using Magical Journeys. They can make your reservation now and then if any discount is released for that time frame they will apply it with no work on your part.

That time period is not too bad. It's spring break season so the crowds are picking up, but not horrible (except for this year, but it seems this has been an abnormal year).

POFQ is a great romantic resort. If you want to stick with the values, just pick your favorite theming. They are all about the same. The theming is what makes them different.

MrsDevlin2007
04-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Chris: Thank you! I actually sent a request through Magical Journeys and I'm hoping to hear from them soon. Do you have any idea as to how they are with any changes to the request? I submitted a request for information before reading this thread and would love to pick POFQ as one of the choices.

Strmchsr
04-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Kristen,

MJ is fantastic at handling all requests. They will help you look at all options and pick the best one for you. So, changing to POFQ won't be a problem at all. BTW, they are very good at responding withing a couple of hours to requests, so if you don't hear from them be sure to check your spam folder.