PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Laura's shuttle service

Juicy1122
04-20-2009, 06:28 PM
We have been looking into transportation from mco to port canaveral, then from port canaveral to port orleans. I have gotten quotes from numerous transportation services and Laura's Shuttle has by far given me the best quote. My question is has anyone ever used them?? I am always afraid that services like these aren't going to show up.
Thank you!

faline
04-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Sorry, but I've never heard of this service.

I recommend Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/) - an Intercot sponsor.

Piglet822
04-21-2009, 02:22 PM

I recommend Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/) - an Intercot sponsor.

I was going to say the same thing. I'd also like to add I am in the transportation industry in Orlando and have also never heard of the company you're asking about.

wildernesslady
04-21-2009, 04:39 PM
I sent you a PM

Juicy1122
04-21-2009, 06:03 PM
quicksilver is was too expensive their prices are very high compared to other quotes I have gotten I don't have over 300 dollars jsut to sprend on transportation back and forht. Laura's shuttle is the only one that had reasonable prices, but I also don't want to book someone and have them not show up.

lindique
04-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Have you considered renting a car for one day? And then another day going back? You can pick up and drop off on Disney property.

Juicy1122
04-21-2009, 06:42 PM
We did consider renting a car to go from port canaveral to port orleans but it would cost us 104 dollars plus an extra 25 dollars because we are only 24 so they charge us extra, which is still more money then laura shuttle for everthing. They quoted us 120 for transportation for everything

Ed
04-21-2009, 07:04 PM

I was going to say the same thing. I'd also like to add I am in the transportation industry in Orlando and have also never heard of the company you're asking about.

I have worked at the airport for the past 7 years, and I can't say I've ever seen any vehicles from this company nor heard anything about them at the airport.

I'd also caution everybody that Orlando has more than its fair share of unlicensed, poorly insured bootleg cabbies and limo services. Whoever you use, check out their credentials and run them through the Better Business Bureau. Classic case of "Caveat Emptor".

Juicy1122
04-21-2009, 08:26 PM
I did run them through the bbb and it only really said they had one complaint in the past 36 months and they got a b+. I checked what was said about them against quiksliver and they also got a B+ and had many more compaients. I'm not really sure what to do because I don't want to spend over 300 just on transportation.

ryobi88
04-22-2009, 12:49 PM
we use happy limo every time we come never had problem with them :cloud9:

TammiMcMan
04-22-2009, 06:33 PM
I know Laura's Shuttle has been around for at least a few years. They are listed in the ground transportation section of Port Canaveral. There's that old saying, that you get what you pay for, but I can honestly say that I haven't seen any adverse complaints. The Sleep Inn at the airport has advertised them as offering discounted rates for hotel guests to the port. Not sure what their current association is, but that may make you feel more comfortable with your decision.

quicksilver
04-22-2009, 09:35 PM
I did run them through the bbb and it only really said they had one complaint in the past 36 months and they got a b+. I checked what was said about them against quiksliver and they also got a B+ and had many more compaients. I'm not really sure what to do because I don't want to spend over 300 just on transportation.

Just to clarify and to make sure no one gets concerned with our B+ at BBB...:blush:

We have been in business for over 7 years now and recently went over our 10,000th client. I believe the 6 complaints we had are a reflection of that #. Also, our complaints were never service related.;)

As for Laura's shuttle, I have never heard of them...As said above, be carefull; if it is to good to be true, it probably is. And also as said above, many "gypsy" companies can afford lower prices becasuse they are not registered in the city and/or do not have commercial insurance.

Best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

disneygirlie11
04-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Are you going on a cruise? If you are the disney cruiseline bus is only $70/pp round trip

spoonful of sugar
04-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Just to clarify and to make sure no one gets concerned with our B+ at BBB...:blush:

We have been in business for over 7 years now and recently went over our 10,000th client. I believe the 6 complaints we had are a reflection of that #. Also, our complaints were never service related.;)

As for Laura's shuttle, I have never heard of them...As said above, be carefull; if it is to good to be true, it probably is. And also as said above, many "gypsy" companies can afford lower prices becasuse they are not registered in the city and/or do not have commercial insurance.

Best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

quicksilver is by far the BEST! the service / personality of the drivers is superb. not to mention, much better than useing ME. thank you quicksilver for your service!

quicksilver
07-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Hello everyone,

I was just reading through old threads mentioning Quicksilver and came accross this one.

Thought it would be important to tell you all that we are now back to an A rating at the BBB....:yay::yay::yay:

Best regards to all,

Gregory Nicolas.

Disney_Barbie
07-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Laura's shuttle is the only one that had reasonable prices, but I also don't want to book someone and have them not show up.

I know how you feel, sometimes droping such hudge amounts of money on a little car ride seems silly. But quick story ...
We tried a no-name transit company last year, called "Pay-Less Transportation". Now people tried to warn me with the whole "you get what you pay for" speal, but we like to be bargin hunters, and really, it's not like we paid $10 for a limo ride or anything! If it was TOO cheap I would have been susupcious. Instead it was just about $20-$30 (I forget exactly how much) less than reputable companies like Happy Limo or Quicksilver. I tried to search for it & found no negative comments so we went for it. Well, hind-sight is the clearest view and looking back I would have paid twice ... even three times as much to just have a happy, comfortable limo ride from MCO to our hotel. The driver was rude to us, the limo itself was ghetto (it was dirty, warn, the AC didn't work and literally, it smelled like PUKE) among alot of other issues we had, we attempted to resolve them and their "customer service" must be some guy working out of his basement, because he was the only one that ever answered the line and kept calling me names (even though I work in customer relations and was quite kind when dealing with him) and would hang up on me, he refused to ever "transfer me to a manager" ... if there was a manager that is. Looking back, I honestly think it was just some guy working out of his basement. I attempted to file a complaint w/ the BBB, but he refused to ever reply to it. We got over it & REALLY enjoyed our trip, but it was really alloying and put a serious damper on the first couple of days of our trip :(

quicksilver
07-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks a lot for your post. My thoughts exactly......

Just checked Payless at the BBB and they have an F rating....WOW... Haven't seen an F ever.... And to be honest I was extremely unhappy with my former B+...LOL

Well, I'm glad you all can understand why it is not obvious why, if companies offer the same service, some are cheaper than others. To maitain nice clean vehicles and, most of all, nice clean proffessional drivers, costs are a bit higher, and therefore rates are higher too. We try very hard to keep rates as low as possible, as every company would to be competitive, but I was never willing to reduce the rates too much and jeoperdize my good reputation with substandard service.

In the long run, even if cheaper companies might hold a good service, eventualy they will fall into a finacial hole and falter. I'll be here, for a long time, keeping my head high and proud to say that even with Magical Express, bad economy, and so on, I'm still here offering the best possible service for my clients.

faline
07-09-2009, 08:45 PM
In the long run, even if cheaper companies might hold a good service, eventualy they will fall into a finacial hole and falter. I'll be here, for a long time, keeping my head high and proud to say that even with Magical Express, bad economy, and so on, I'm still here offering the best possible service for my clients.

Greg - I have to say we used your service for the first time on our last trip and were very impressed. Our driver was waiting for us at the airport and helped with our luggage. The vehicle was clean and well maintained and the driver very professional. On our way back to the airport, the driver was right on time and, again, efficeint and professional. So, of course, we have booked your service again for our upcoming trip! We're looking forward to a stress free and comfortable ride to and from the airport!

Disney_Barbie
07-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Our driver was waiting for us at the airport and helped with our luggage. The vehicle was clean and well maintained and the driver very professional.

Ahhhhhhh, now experiences like this make me drool! To think I could have had a fabulous limo-ride kick-start to my vacation, vs. the K-mart on wheels we experienced.
Ah well, live & learn. We've learned that once we land in MCO, we want our vacation to be fun/relaxing and are (now) willing to pay a couple more bucks to make sure it starts that way the moment we step off the plane (not have to wait until we get to disney property)