PDA

View Full Version : Are ADR's needed for non character sit down breakfasts?

Steveo5c
04-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Should I book reservations for a restaurant like the Captain's Grille at the Yatch Club for breakfasts which are not character breakfasts?
Unfortunately I'm within a couple of weeks of my travel date so options may be limited. Does Disney ever give preferred reservations for guests staying at a particular hotel (like us staying at the Yatch Club) eating at the restaurants at that hotel?

DANAM
04-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Kona Cafe in the Poly. I have never eaten here but I heard the Kona Toast is amazing. Whispering Canyon in the WL is another really great breakfast, the skillet is great.

No, I have never heard of getting a reservation because you were staying at the resort but it's not a bad idea. Definatly worth asking or calling the hotel directly.

deedeenmickey
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
ADRs are needed everywhere. I wouldn't chance it. We went once "on the fly" and were stuck almost exclusively at CS.

Friend of Figment
04-21-2009, 11:16 AM
The Wave at the Contempoary is a good bet for breakfast without a reservation. They have some unusual entrees so it makes a nice change. It would be good to combine with a day you are visiting MK.

jillluvsdisney
04-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge and Kona Cafe are two good choices.

Mousemates
04-21-2009, 07:51 PM
ADRs are a good idea at just about any restaurant for any meal...they are not always needed, but you never know when not haivng one might be quite costly time wise.

#1donaldfan
04-22-2009, 12:32 PM
......I don't think you'll be too bad off walking up....we did just that NYE at WCC for breakfast and only had to wait about 15 / 20 minutes.....it's optimal to have the ressies, to just be sure, but I really don't think it's necessary.....:mickey: