PDA

View Full Version : trip report 4/11 - 4/17

gmgdisneymom
04-20-2009, 12:02 PM
We got back yesterday from the parks - we stayed at Fort Wilderness. We had a wonderful time. I must tell people though - if you are going during the busy season - get up early - be there before the park opens and do the major rides - then the other rides, then go back swim and relax. We were able to do everything we wanted but if we had been every one hour later we would have missed our favs.

The new pool at Fort Wilderness is great and the lifegaurds are the best at any resort in WDW. I am ciunting the days til our next trip

BluewaterBrad
04-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Oh Yes...during the busy seasons you gotta get there early! Glad you had a good trip!:mickey:

faline
04-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Fort Wilderness is our original Disney "home"!

deedeenmickey
04-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Glad you had a great trip. Early is very necessary. I always leave counting down to the next rip.

vizsla
04-21-2009, 05:24 AM
Glad to hear you had a great time.

Drachengeist
04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
We only stayed once in the Ft Wilderness campgrounds. (our usual home was the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista) But it was hillarious even if it scared the little ones for a while.

As dusk fell, It seemed like every frog on the property was somewhere in the woods behind our tent and was looking for a hot date.

It was so loud that conversation could not be held at anything less than a shout or right into the other person's ear.

It carried on late into the night too.
Quite the memorable experience

gmgdisneymom
04-22-2009, 01:18 PM
We didn't have frogs - we had armadillos - they were everywhere. They would come right up onto the pad and look for food, and if you shined a light at them they just stopped and looked at you as if you were the intruder. The kids were fascinated.

pdrlkr
04-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: