PDA

View Full Version : Where to Stay at Saratoga Springs

andypooh
04-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Will be heading down to WDW on May 15 and staying at SSR. Will be going with DW, DS 2.5 and DS 6 months. Where do people recommend we request to stay. We will want some pool time on most days, but do not necessarily need to be near the main pool (we may actually be better off near the smaller pool with less of a crowd as he does not tend to like the large crowds). Thanks for your help.

mickeysmouse
05-14-2009, 04:42 AM
I want an answer to the same question, we are looking for a quiet area, clean, and king bed. Thanks my wonderful, insightful, intercot friends!!!:cloud9:

hope23
05-14-2009, 06:16 PM
We just returned from a stay at Saratoga Springs and really enjoyed it. Our room seemed VERY far away from everything, though. It's a huge resort with 4 pools and 5 bus stops. Unfortunately, everywhere you stay will have some walking to get to the main building and restaurants. That said, I think nice areas to stay would be "The Springs" or "The Grandstand"-- but this section has closer buildings and further away buildings... request a closer one. Also, if you'd like to be in the section overlooking Downtown Disney (which is just across the lake) then request "Congress Park". It seems that the furthest away sections are "The Carousel" and "The Paddock". It's truly a HUGE place... getting a good location is important. There is one main pool with slides and very family friendly, but there are smaller (and less crowded) pools in the other sections as well. If we could choose, we'd probably want a lake view at "The Springs", a closer building at "The Grandstand" or a lakeside view at "Congress Park" overlooking DTD. Have a great time!

tjstrike
05-15-2009, 04:55 AM
Stay at the springs for conveinence to the main pool and restaurant (bad for the bus though, last stop), congress park has a really nice quiet pool, it's a short walk to DTD and you can get a room with a view of DTD (awesome at night), The grandstand has a nice quiet pool and it's the 1st bus stop. (My personal favorite was congress park)

Auroring Good Time
05-18-2009, 05:54 PM
In February, we stayed in Congress Park with a DTD view. It was great. We were right near a quiet pool and the laundry (we had a studio). It was quiet and very pretty to look at DTD at night.

SFD998
05-18-2009, 07:42 PM
We stayed there in April (Easter week) for the first time. We took a look at the resort map and decided that the Congress Park area would be good for us. Transportation was not a factor in this decision, because we had a car. We stayed in a 1bdr on the third floor with a DTD view. Like previously mentioned really nice at night. This location was nice because you could easily walk to DTD which was a big help for the time of year and week we were there. We didn't have to worry about trying to find a parking place with everyone else that was looking. SSR is not my first choice when it comes to places to stay, but if I did it again I would definitely stay at Congress Park again.