PDA

View Full Version : can you tell me all the dining opportunities that include a princess?

tinkerddeedee
04-20-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm just not sure if I want to do a princess breakfast. I've heard they are a little like cattle rustling and I don't want to be rushed like that. OR if I'm willing to spend the green! Are there any other ways to dinewith any of the princesses. Or just maybe to have any sort of time with them-KWIM? :princess::party2:

tink179
04-20-2009, 11:22 AM
I would have to say that the princess breakfast at the castle is wonderful! I've never felt like it was cattle rustling. :) It's great interaction, you get free pictures with it, the girls get free wands and the boys swords. You get to see Cinderella, Aurora, Jasmine, Belle, and Snow White! We have went to it every year and plan to again in September. I think we're going to also go the Askerhaus (sp) as well. Otherwise there's always the judges tent where there's Cinderella, Aurora, and Belle.

scootch713
04-20-2009, 02:08 PM
You can also see the princess in toontown, but you may have to stand in line for long hours. I like the princess breakfast/lunch in Epcot better than CRT, but never felt rushed at either of them. Take as many pictures as you want. I have two girls, I usually do them together and ask to have them taken separately, they are great with it.

dancin Disney style
04-20-2009, 02:11 PM
There are only 3 options for the princesses:

CRT...MK
Akershus...Epcot
1900 Park Fare....GF

I think the general consensus would be that CRT is the best one. It only cost a few dollars more per person.

To do one of these meals and make it a little more budget friendly book the last breakfast seating that they have. If you do it on a morning EMH day then you can be at rope drop and enjoy a few hours in the park then go to your ADR. By that point you will be ready for a break. Your meal should then carry you through to dinner. We have done this a few times and it's great. We just grab a coffee and pop tart or something when we leave the hotel. It saves you the expense of one meal on that day.

DANAM
04-20-2009, 03:30 PM
We are trying CRT and Areksus on our trip in December but we have eaten at 1900 Pare Fare several time. We really enjoy the food (which is the priority for us) and the character interaction is wonderful. I really have never felt rushed at and character dining. In fact there have been several time where we have just had to sit there and wait for characters to come by. No one ever rushed us to leave we just said we where waiting on characters.

At Hollywood and Vine a CM overheard my DH and myself talking about leaving before JoJo came to us because it was taking a little long and we wanted to get going. The CM asked us if we would like to meet Jo Jo before we left and he arranged that for us. As soon as JoJo came out from the break she came right to us and we left.

Nini5055
04-20-2009, 04:15 PM
I have done the CRT Dinner which is only Cinderella in the lobby for a meet and greet w/Godmother in the restaurant (we barely noticed her). The food, atmosphere, and Cinderella Meet & Greet were great.

I have done the Princess Storybook Dinner at Akershus in Norway (EPCOT). The food is ok and the Princesses are great!!!! This dinner never fails to deliver Princesses. :thumbsup: Plus you get a FREE photo with the hosting Princess (we've had Belle and another time Ariel).

The other would be 1900 Park Fare Dinner with Cinderella and Prince Charming. Food is great and characters are too! This is where Prince Charming gave my dd7 a Happy Birthday Wish and kissed her cheek!!!:blush: She was 5 and worried that Cinderella would think she was stealing her boyfriend. :D

All in all...this year we could not get ADR for the Castle, so we are doing PSB in Akershus and 1900 Park Fare...so we are sure to see every princess!!!:cloud9::thumbsup:

kathiep
04-20-2009, 07:05 PM
We've done CRT for dinner and Akerhaus for breakfast. We didn't feel rushed at either one. As a matter of fact, we were finished eating at Akerhaus and had to wait for the princess to get to our table before we could leave. The breakfast food was pretty good. The food for dinner at CRT was OK . I'm glad I experience being in the castle although I don't think I'd pay for it out of pocket; I'd probably consider it again if we were on the dining plan as I wouldn't be so aware of the cost.

GoofyforFun
04-20-2009, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=tink179;1872405]I would have to say that the princess breakfast at the castle is wonderful! I've never felt like it was cattle rustling. :) It's great interaction.

We sat down and princesses came around..They were all good with our kids DD9, DD6, DS3 ( he was shy and turned away and they put a big lipstick kiss on his cheek) Kodak moment. Food was liked by all (11) of us as well.:thumbsup:

tinkerddeedee
04-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Ok guys, wish me luck. I'm going to call tomorrow and try to get ADR's. But we're leaving in only 19 days so I probably won't get ressies. I can try though!:mickey:

Nini5055
04-22-2009, 03:51 PM
You may not get CRT, but you stand a good chance with Princess Storybook in Akershus and/or 1900 Park Fare...as long as you are flexible with times.

Good Luck!!! Let us know how you make out with your ADR's.:mickey: