PDA

View Full Version : Week after President's Week 2010, or delay another week?

DisneyAndRedSox
04-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Normally we go in January when it is quiet, next year we need to do February instead. We have planned Fri 2/19 to Sun 2/28.

President's Day is early... the 15th, Mardi Gras is the same week. I am guessing the first weekend we are there it will be busy, but what should we expect for the rest of the trip? Our other option is Feb 26th through March 7th. Which is better? Thanks!

Gregandmel
04-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I would think that the week following President's Day would be really nice!!! From what I've read and heard, that's a busy week. Beginning Feb. 22nd it should be much much quieter. I don't think the Spring Breaker's start arriving until maybe the 2nd week in March. In the midwest, we always have Spring Break mid-month, and my sister in law and her family alwasy goes the FIRST week in March and say the crowds are GREAT. Good luck to you!!

faline
04-20-2009, 05:32 PM
The whole period from Presidents Day week through Easter week is part of the busy spring break season. Some weeks are better than others. Presidents' Day week is always super busy for sure! New Hampshire schools have the week following Presidents' Day week off. My brother went that week a few years back and said the crowds weren't as bad as he expected them to be.

morebroccoli
04-20-2009, 05:38 PM
all i have to say is do not go during mardi gras! everyone from the entire state of louisiana seems to hit WDW all at once! very crowded time! at least that was my experience in feb 08

(there were even huge groups with home made tshirts saying "new orleans invasion of disney world 08!")

MrsDevlin2007
04-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Do you think that 2/27-3/6/10 would be a good week for my 30th birthday vacation (3/1/10)??

DANAM
04-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Were from New Orleans and we try to avoid going during Mardi Gras at all cost. Our schools have off the entire week so normally families stay all week or some arrive on Mardi Gras Day. The kids are getting older so it looks like we may have to start heading down that week too. Although, I'm glad we are going in December because I wouldn't go this year. Mardi Gras and Presidents day may be too much for us.

DisneyAndRedSox
04-21-2009, 07:58 PM
We booked flights and car rental for 2/26 to 3/7. Thanks for the feedback.

Now I just have to wait <sigh>..................