PDA

View Full Version : Alright - sell me on CBR.

Diznee4Me
04-20-2009, 09:53 AM
The DW and I appear to be heading to WDW in September - just the two of us. :eek::D

The DD is heading off to college in August and we are thinking of going and doing a few of the things DD hasn't been interested in during past trips. (Cirque, segway tour, nicer restaurants, etc.)

The DW wasn't all that keen on going back without DD until I mentioned some of the above ideas. She has said if we go she also wants a change from the Coronado and suggested CBR.

So.....sell me on CBR. Best place area to request, bus stop prefernces, food options, pools, etc.

Remember it is just the two of us for this trip. So give me some CBR pointers. :thumbsup::balloon:

animalkingdomguy
04-20-2009, 10:33 AM
We stayed at the CBR a couple of years ago. It is a nice resortbut can be a chore if your room is in a remote building. I would suggest requesting a building near old port royal as that will get you near the food court and the main pool.

Wrigley
04-20-2009, 11:16 AM
We absolutely love CBR! The tropical feel is very relaxing, and we love all of the bright colors! We always stay in Martinique, which is located next to Old Port Royale, which is where the food court, arcade, and store is. The food court is wonderful-great choices for everyone. We haven't been since the new pool has opened-we will be visiting in Oct though!!- but I'm sure it's wonderful as well. We always make sure to take advantage of the quiet pools-they are very rarely busy. Each "island" section has it's own quiet pool which is nice. Each island also has it's own bus stop so it's never very far to catch the bus. As I said, CBR is great and I don't think you'll be disappointed!:mickey::thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
04-20-2009, 11:45 AM
CBR is a beautiful resort. The landscaping is beautiful. We were in Aruba so it was a walk to Port Royale. But it was a lovely walk. Beach sand around the lake with hammocks. The pool is very nice. My kids loved it and also liked the quiet pools. I think you'll enjoy it.

Diznee4Me
04-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the info everyone. I am starting the planning process today. :thumbsup:

homeschool mom
04-28-2009, 03:35 PM
DH and I just stayed at CBR for the first time last week for our first ever adults only trip to WDW. We both absolutely loved it! :cloud9: CBR is a beautiful resort all the way around. I can't wait to go back and take our kids with us. I think we have graduated from the value resorts to CBR! :mickey:

While CBR is WDW's largest resort, it wasn't too big for us at all. We were in the Jamaica section - room # 4404 to be exact. It was a quick walk over the island - Caribbean Cay - to Old Port Royale which is the cafeteria and gift shop area as well as where the main pool is. We were able to head over there in the mornings for breakfast and coffee and then drop our refillable mugs off at our room on the way to the bus stop which was only about 200 yards or less from our front door! Each section has its own beach area with hammocks and lounges as well as their own pool. There are also little areas on Caribbean Cay where you can share a double hammock, sit on a glider in an out of the way alcove, or just walk and enjoy the views of the resort. There is also a marina where you can rent sea racers, pedal boats, bicycles and surreys (I think that's what they're called). I'm wanting to go back just talkiing about it! :(

IMHO, it is the perfect resort for a second honeymoon! :thumbsup: DH and I found it to be a very relaxing and very quiet resort even though there were hundreds of teens there for all of the competitions at Wide World of Sports. We both highly recommend it! :number1: