PDA

View Full Version : AKL - What area would you suggest?

Wishmaker
04-20-2009, 07:34 AM
I read a similar post and it got me thinking. We are staying at AKL for our first time. We did not pay the extra for perferred. However, can anyone suggest an area that will be the best considering it wont be perferred?
A paticular building or room? We will be arriving very early, so my thoughts are if I have an idea of the best non perferred room and I request it, maybe i will get it.

animalkingdomguy
04-20-2009, 10:29 AM
When we stayed at AKL we were on the Zebra Trail (Hallway). Honestly, the rooms are all the same. Our view wasn't really great, but we could step on into the hall walk a couple of step and be in front of a huge window of the savanna filled with wildlife. That being said there really aren't any bad rooms as all standard rooms have the same basic amenities. Having a room without view got us our of our room and we explored the lodge. This is truly a magic Disney property. I would stay there again in a heart beat. And if I did, I'd skip the savanna view rooms and basically not worry about which room I was assigned.

SAHDad
04-20-2009, 01:57 PM
We had a savanna view and really enjoyed it, but we also spent a lot of time just wandering around the building.

Since we were there without our kids, we would sit and watch from the balcony for a little bit each morning or evening, which was enjoyable. Still, I'd take almost any room at AKL - they all have the same amenities, and exploring AKL is half the fun.