PDA

View Full Version : Opinions: Sept Dining Plan Picks

BMan62
04-19-2009, 07:54 PM
OK, we are set for making a trip in mid-September (15 - 23) with the 'Free' DDP, so I would like to ask what you all (y'all) think about these picks for dinners:

Hoop Dee Do (definite this trip - have done before)
Le Cellier
Chefs De France
Sanaa (I know, this isn't open yet, but we like the proposed menu)
The Wave
Kona Cafe
Coral Reef (we have eaten here before and like the atmosphere, but were so-so on the food)

With HDD, can we ask for a table for two along the balcony or are all tables for 4 or more?

We are going to try to hit mostly places we haven't eaten before.

Anything on the list that should be avoided at all costs?

I know we still have almost 60 days until we can get ADRs, but I want to prepare ASAP.

sassy2000
04-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Your choices look good. We have done Le Cellier, Coral Reef, and Chefs de France and enjoyed all 3. Chefs de France was our fave of the 3. The short ribs were delicious and the dessert was yummy. Service was good also. Our problem we had at Coral Reef was the service. Our waiter was fine but it took soooo long for our food to get to us and with a 4 yr old and 2 yr old it got pretty rough. The food was good not great (except the chocolate wave dessert:tasty:)

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Nothing you should avoid (in my humble opinion anyways).

We had a great experience at Coral Reef last year, great food and awesome service. Le Cellier has fallen off our list, but it was never rotten, just lackluster on the last visit.

We also love Hoop-Dee-Doo...enjoy :thumbsup:

hauntedmansiongirl
04-20-2009, 12:45 PM
All of your choices are good. We have been to all of them except for The Wave and Sanaa. Don't forget when you're at Fort Wilderness for The Hoop De Doo Revue that you go a bit early and check out the horse barns where they keep the MK Belgians and Clydesdales. You can walk right in, and it is really cool to see the horses. Also, FW has a nightly campfire sing-along with Chip N Dale, followed by a movie on every clear night. We don't have kids, but we go and see a movie every trip. You can pick up a movie list from the info centre near the bathrooms for HDDR.

One other thing to think about- O'Hana's at the Poly is great, and IMHO had better food and atmosphere than Kona Cafe. Their salad is awsome! OK, now I'm starving!!:mickey:

Friend of Figment
04-20-2009, 12:55 PM
We had a table for 2 at the HDD. We weren't on the balcony though. Even though we were on the DP, we were seated on the floor about 2 tables away from the stage.

Leighler
04-20-2009, 02:03 PM
I second O'hana...I LOVE it and it's a can't miss for me. I haven't eaten at Kona but have heard VERY good things about it from several friends.

dancin Disney style
04-20-2009, 02:09 PM
The Wave and Coral Reef don't get the best reviews. So you might want to rethink those.

I agree that Ohana is excellent. It's our only must do restaurant for every trip. I love both the breakfast and dinner while my family prefers the breakfast.

We have been to Kona 3 times, with absolutely no complaints. In fact that has been the place were we have found them to be the most accommodating with requests.

DANAM
04-20-2009, 03:34 PM
The only pick we have tried is Le Cellier and we loved it. As far as the others go I really can't say one way or the other but we planned on trying Kona Cafe in December so I hope that one is good.

Oh and 'Ohana's one of our favorites we eat either breakfast or dinner here every trip.

BMan62
04-20-2009, 03:48 PM
As much as people like Ohana, DW just wasn't all that impressed with it. She's not a big meat eater. Now, she did enjoy the potatoes, salad, and shrimp!! They couldn't bring enough of those things to please her!!! :secret:

sisterdisco
04-20-2009, 07:34 PM
LOVE the KONA cafe!!
THey have Hawaiian bread w/ pineapple butter. Shrimp and scallops. My 11yo DS DEVOURED his 22oz prime rib and my 10 yo ate almost all of his Terryaki strip steak.
The deserts are awesome too. A KONA cone is just sinful!. They accommodated me w/ fresh fruit.
You won't be disappointed.

deedeenmickey
04-20-2009, 08:12 PM
They all look good to me!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-21-2009, 09:47 AM
They look good to me