PDA

View Full Version : Whose your favourite NFL commentator / pundit and your most irratating

RAIDER
04-19-2009, 03:14 PM
After reading your views on the retirement of John Madden i wondered, whose your favourite NFL commentator or pundit or both as well as most irratating ?

I will get the ball rolling
I do like listening to Phil Simms and
i find Chris Collingsworth the most irratating

Damon18
04-19-2009, 03:21 PM
I also like Phil Simms. He has great knowledge and is able to stay impartial. As far as my most disliked ...easily...Joe Buck!

ibrowse17
04-19-2009, 04:05 PM
I really like Howie Long and Terry Bradshaw. The only guy I could not reaaly stand no longer does NFL games, Todd Christanson.

Ian
04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
I used to like Troy Aikman early in his career, but he's gotten a bit too high on himself lately. He's moved on to my "annoying" list.

I'm not sure I have a favorite anymore, really. I find too many of today's announcers are more interested in their air time than they are in just calling the game.

Maybe I'm spoiled ... in Philly we've been lucky enough to have three of the greatest announcers in pro sports history in Gene Hart (Flyers), Harry Kalas (Phillies), and Merrill Reese (Eagles). Only Merrill is left now, so I guess I'll pick him as my favorite.

All three of these gentleman understood that the game was bigger than they were.

P.S. - Most hated is definitely Joe Buck. He's so biased it's disgusting.

barnaby
04-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Favorites: Merril Reese, Troy Aikman, Ron Jaworski

Irritating: Mike Tirico, Tony Kornheiser

Jeff G
04-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Favorite: Al Michaels

Most Annoying: Anyone on a NFL Network Broadcast. Indvidually, Collingsworth.

Ian
04-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Favorites: Merril Reese, Troy Aikman, Ron JaworskiJaws is okay, but even he gets on my nerves sometimes with his overly jolly personality.

Sometimes I just want to hear him be grumpy and complain and he never does it. Gets on my nerves ...

Favorite: Al MichaelsAgreed. Al is awesome.

barnaby
04-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Jaws is okay, but even he gets on my nerves sometimes with his overly jolly personality.

True about the jolly-ness.
But I like Jaws because of the insights he adds to the game. I think he is a very knowledgable (sp?) guy who does his research prior to games.

Ian
04-20-2009, 03:20 PM
He is very knowledgeable. He watches more film than anyone, I think.

tjstrike
04-21-2009, 03:27 AM
I always liked the trio of Al, Frank and Dan for MNF. I've always disliked Madden.

Ian
04-21-2009, 10:41 AM
I always liked the trio of Al, Frank and Dan for MNF. I've always disliked Madden.See now you're old school. I agree ... that was one of my favorite trios, as well.

In fact, to this day when the theme song plays I still here ole Hank singing, "We've got Frank, and Al, and Dan! We're gonna get it kick started!!"

diz_girl
04-21-2009, 04:11 PM
I completely agree about Merrill Reese. He is my favorite. Al Michaels is also up there.

Although the new Inside the NFL is OK, I still really liked the Bob Costas, Dan Marino, Chris Carter and Chris Collingsworth line-up. It was a good blend of personalities.

I don't have a most irritating. I'm sure some have irritated me, but I just can't think of one at the moment.

Mad About Mickey
04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Favorite: Has to be Al Michaels with Dan Dierdorf a distant second, honorable mention to Keith Jackson

Most irritating; Tie between Howard Cossel and Marv Alberts, their voices make my skin crawl, the OJ Simpson and Don Merideth MNF teaming was bad theatre as well.

RedSoxFan
04-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Al Michaels is my favorite.
Joe Buck is my least favorite.

gueli
04-24-2009, 04:27 AM
I have always disliked Chris collingsworth, though on the old inside the nfl, I did not mind him. I guess he is very annoying to me when calling games.

Al Michaels is one of my favorites.

Does Joe Buck call regular games ? I always thought they brought him on only for the 'most improtant' games (ie during playoffs). I mmay not like him, but I do not care as much as I never really see him...

:mickey: