PDA

View Full Version : Create your own Pretzels

marlaine
04-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know anything about the Create Your Own Pretzels at Goofy's Candy Co. in DTD? We're going to DTD for the first time this Sept. Any info would be appreciated!:artist:

DANAM
04-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Well I think you are talking about the pretzel rods. They do have choc covered pretzels but they are prepackage. Assuming that is what you are talking about, we love them. We get them every trip. You can use snack credits from the dining plan. There are tons of options.
Here are the few topings I remember:
M&M
peanut butter cups
nuts
white chocolate
reg chocolate
sprinkles
oreo's
there where plenty other but I just can't think of them now.

Also candy apples can be made here as well. Some toppings and you can use the snack credits also

disneyfan328
04-20-2009, 10:22 AM
we LOVE LOVE LOVE Goofy's!!!!

basically you can pick:
pretzel rods
marshmallows
a big oversized oreo (which eithe vanilla or chocolate creme)
apples ( I believe that apples are the only one that do NOT count as a DDP snack option)

then you get to pick from all of the wonderful toppings.

you get a dunk - white chocolate, milk chocoate or dark chocoate (caramel maybe too I can't remember)

you get a dip - whatever toppings you want from m & M's to nuts or sprinkles

then you get a drizzle ( I believe this is from any of the dunks listed above ( they take a little stick thingy and drizzle a little bit more over top of your dip

I got pretzel rods dunked in milk choclate rolled in nuts and then drizzled with caramel they were to die for.

I also got the vaniall creme filled oreo dunked in milke chocolate - dipped in rese's peanut butter chunks and drizzled with caramel again - YUMMY

there are so many combinations and they are all delicious!!!

have fun we can't wait to do it again in 2 weeks.!

marlaine
04-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info! I think that will be a fun thing to do! Thats great to know it's on the dining plan. With so many things to choose from-Goofy's, Ghiradellis, etc. I know I'll have a hard time deciding on things!:thumbsup:

beksy
04-22-2009, 07:56 PM
We loved doing this on our last trip (which was our first trip to DTD)! My sister got the pretzels. She got three pretzel rods and got to pick three different combinations. I don't know if this is how it is normally done or not and I can't remember her combos but I know they were great! We snacked on them and my cookie all that evening and into the next day. Yummy!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-25-2009, 10:47 PM
I don't know about the wait time for the pretzel rods, but after you do an apple, you have to wait awhile until it sets so that it's not too sticky to package up. We were taking ours back home with us so they boxed it up.

We had to wait for our order to be created which was probably about 30 minutes. You fill out a form stating what you want then they are filled in the order they are placed.

jimsgal05
04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=PAYROLL PRINCESS;1876331]I don't know about the wait time for the pretzel rods, but after you do an apple, you have to wait awhile until it sets so that it's not too sticky to package up. We were taking ours back home with us so they boxed it up.

Hello Did you take them on your carry on? we are going in Sept and flying and with all the crazy plane restrictions I didn't know if we could bring them in our carry-on bag.

Thanks

Enjoy the day,:mickey:

DANAM
04-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Hello Did you take them on your carry on? we are going in Sept and flying and with all the crazy plane restrictions I didn't know if we could bring them in our carry-on bag.

Thanks

Enjoy the day,:mickey:

Sorry, we drove home with ours but make sure the spray the wax paper good with non stick spray (like Pam) they didn't do this the first time and it was a mess when we got them home. The second time it was easier to get the paper off the caramel. Or if they don't have the spray just get covered apples no sticky caramel issues.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-01-2009, 10:28 PM
I did take my apple home in my carry on. Because we weren't going to a foreign country it wasn't a problem.