PDA

View Full Version : christmas crowd in December

ransam
04-19-2009, 02:49 AM
last year we were at Disneyworld from december 7-16...this year we'll be there from 12-21.....what day does the huge christmas vacation crowd hit the park... anyone know?

Strmchsr
04-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Depends on the year--when schools get out, etc. There's not a set "date" that it happens. Usually the build up starts around 7 days before Christmas (17-18th) and crowds grow increasingly heavy up until Christmas. The closer you get, the bigger the crowd.

Meteora
04-19-2009, 12:08 PM
The crowds will start to get very heavy by the end of your stay. Looking at a calendar, I would expect the pile-up to really start around the 19th, as that's the first Saturday of the week Christmas falls in, but people will probably start to trickle in a few days before that. Don't worry too much about the crowds; just plan in getting there early, leaving during the crowded afternoons, and using fp.

WDWDale
04-19-2009, 03:52 PM
I remember on my trips, December certainly is a crowded month. Makes sense because kids are home around Christmas, national holiday, etc. My trip dates were closer to New Years, and fast past was the best thing that could've happened (especially on Test Track). :D