PDA

View Full Version : relax, you're on vacation.

morebroccoli
04-18-2009, 09:18 PM
in recent years i haven noticed more and more people on cell phones in the park, rushing around frantically to get to certain rides because " IF WE DONT HURRY UP AND GET ON SPLASH MOUNTAIN FIRST WE WONT HAVE ANY FUN ...EVER" or those who cut in line, or step on toes just to be 5 seconds ahead of you entering the theater to see mickeys philharmagic. basically just more general rudeness all around.

I think the cell phone thing bothers me most. People survived Disney vacations long before cell phones. i was on the TTA and some guy was having an entire conversation to who knows, and missing every single thing on the trip, and bothering the mess out of everyone within shouting distance. i dont understand this! ( dont harp at me about "well we need them to communicate with our family". this is my opinion, i'm allowed to have one.) When i am at Disney, my phone stays back at the room. This is my ONE ESCAPE FOR THE YEAR GOSH DARN IT AND I DONT NEED MY DANG CELLPHONE. -ahem, anyways..

the point of this thread is, i am going to make a shirt, with simple iron-on letters saying "relax, you're on vacation" or something like that to wear when i go back to Disney. i know most people wont look, or care, but maybe someone who is rushing around trying to "hurry up and have fun" will slow down and enjoy just exactly where they are.

i am trying to think of other "sayings" to use also for a couple other shirts. (yes, this is probably weird to some of you, but i am a weird eccentric person and its all in good fun to me). sooooo, If you could say something to people out there who are either oblivious to others, rude, frantic, or just too busy trying to have fun to actually have fun, what would you say? a slogan, a saying, something 'iron-on-able' to make a point, without being too big of a jerk.

-ps, if you see me at the parks with these ridiculous shirts on , feel free to say hi! :D

Jeri
04-18-2009, 09:32 PM
I don't know, because I usually am so relaxed that I am on vacation that I really don't pay much attention to what other people are doing.

And yes we do bring our cell phones into the parks, and use them sometimes.

Tinkerfreak
04-18-2009, 09:39 PM
OK you could put in tiny letters on your back:
"if you can read this you are too close". So when they are trying to push by you to get to the next ride maybe they will realize they are too close and should give you some space.:D

tinksmom02
04-18-2009, 09:52 PM
:mickey: I'd LOVE to be on the lookout for you and your shirt, but we're checking out of the Poly 2 days before you check in!

tink179
04-18-2009, 10:54 PM
I'll be looking for your shirts when we're there! :mickey: Sept 16-26th! :mickey:

TeamJonasSister
04-18-2009, 11:18 PM
i must disagree with you on the cell phone thing. I always have my cell phone in my bag in Disney. I mean even though you are on vacation, I think it is safer to keep it with you in case of an emergency.

kemps@wdw
04-18-2009, 11:41 PM
I agree w/you somewhat on the "general rudeness of the crowds. I, too, get the feeling that some folks seem to think that they must be in a constant rush, and don't really care if they get in others way. To me, it seems they're missing the most important part of a WDW vaca...The FUN!! We do carry our cell phones w/us to maintain contact weach other. However, there is a certain etiquette that should be observed by ALL cell phone users @ WDW
1. No audible rings - vibrate only.
2. No talking during indoor attractions, shows,
or any other place that interferes w/the
enjoyment ot the attraction by others.
3. Your business is YOUR business. I do not
need to hear about it, non-stop, on the
entire bus ride back to my resort. (nor do
you need to hear mine)

Remember, we're ALL on vacation. :mickey:

LittleSpirit02
04-19-2009, 11:31 AM
I think if you need it to communicate w/family... keep everyone together (well, unless you have a large groups of 8+). My family doesn't split up on DW vacations - or if we do, it's only briefly. Don't you want to spend your "family" vacation as a "family?"

BedknobsandBroomsticks
04-20-2009, 08:12 AM
How about...
Don't sweat the small stuff.

Remember, mom and dad, pick your battles!

Thanks, I walk on my feet too.

Excuse me, but if you get any closer we'll need to get married.

Nap time!

:mickey:

caryrae
04-20-2009, 09:07 AM
We have been to WDW 12 or 13 times and have never felt the need to bring a cell phone in the Parks. If there is an emercency there are plenty of CM or Security around to help. Like one post said we like to spend our time as a Family together on vacation.

BluewaterBrad
04-20-2009, 04:21 PM
I agree, but we relax when we are on vacation, others might feel they have to rush! We are very fortunate to live only 3 hrs away so we visit often! Makes for a much more relaxing trip!:mickey:

DANAM
04-20-2009, 07:53 PM
I definatley agree with the cell phone thing. The best trip we had was when we forgot the phone charger. I normally don't answer my phone anyway but it was nice. Well, until we were on the way back and both my Mom and Mother-in-law were in a panic because they didn't hear from us in 8 days. Our local news reported severe weather in the Orlando area and they couldn't get a hold of us. So I guess they do serve a purpose.

As for relaxing, I don't relax I am one speed which is fast always. Sorry but the spa is not my ideal vacation. That would be enough to make me crazy. BUT we are very away of other's relaxing vacation so we never walk to close, run to attractions, ect.

ChewyStriker
04-21-2009, 09:35 AM
For the most part, I agree. I tell work I'm dead to the world when I'm on vacation. The only thing I care about is my family.

That aside, we do carry our phones when on vacation. Came in handy this past October when I managed to get separated from DH and my son, age 3 around the time of MNSSHP.

DH's battery died and I still couldn't get to them, but he was able to put the phone on the charger back at the hotel and eventually got ahold of me to say where he and my son were. After 2 hours of looking (with the help of a great CM) to no avail, that call was a relief.

This also highlights how great it is to be staying on Disney property. We know that if we get separated and can't manage to connect somehow in the parks, we can always get back and meet at the resort room.