PDA

View Full Version : In Disney Right Now, April 17th and some of 18th, 4:04 pm

disneyboy98
04-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Well, we had a bit of down time today, as it is our last day in the World. Yes, we did make it through the late night at the MK and stuck it out until 2:45 in the morning. I must say that it was one of the best times we have spent there as everything (we did not check on Space Mountain) was walk on or five minutes or less. Trust me, if the MK is open till that time and you can stick it out, do it!

Yesterday morning, we actually took some time to head back to the premium outlets for one last look around before the end of our trip (which is tomorrow).

We then came back to the room, swam, relaxed, and also headed over to the Beaches and Cream for a sundae. No Way Jose all the way!!! YUM!

Then, around 7:30 pm, we headed over to the MK, it was busy, yes, but it was no where near as busy as the day before when we came over. This time we actually got on the TTA, blasted off with Buzz, and took in the COP (where we got stuck for about five minutes and had to watch the same scene (the one from the 20s) over again before we were able to turn. Also, I have noticed in the passed couple of years that some people must enjoy getting out of their seats during this ride because last year, and yesterday, I noticed that the CMs have had to get on the speaker and tell people to “SIT DOWN”.

Next, we then headed through the back way (the nice quiet path at the back to Tomorrowland) to Mickey’s Toontown Fair. Once there, the decision was made (not by use but by Princess Chloe) to go and see the princesses. Well it was more of a photo op than anything so we got in line and waited the twenty minutes to meet Cinderella, Aurora, and Belle. Chloe loved it and gave each of them hugs and kisses. Of course, the pics link is at the bottom of the post. I dare you not to go “awwwwww” when you see the princess pics.

Next, we got held up in Fantasyland with Wishes. If you have never watched the fireworks from back there, it is really cool. You almost have to look straight up to see the fireworks right over you. It’s a very unobstructed view. So if you don’t mind not having the castle in front of you (which is the traditional way to see it) I would suggest heading over to the front of Winnie the Pooh and watch it!

After that we then headed over to Pecos Bills for a quick snack and then it was off to see Big Al and the Country Bears. Then, it was back to Fantasyland for Chloe’s favorites: It’s a Small World, Dumbo, The Carousel, Mickey’s Philharmagic (where she reached for EVERYTHING), a quick visit with Mickey and Minnie by the castle, and then onto Winnie the Pooh. After that, she called it quits and fell asleep in her stroller.

The rest of us, well we headed onto HM, then onto BTMR, and then we ended the evening with a ride on POTC (my favorite). Dad then ended his MK experience with a Dole Whip!

We all then stumbled back to the bus and headed towards our beds where we did not wake up till 10:30 this morning.
This morning, Beckie, Kevin, Chloe, and myself headed off to the AK to do the gorilla walking trail (as the gorillas were in bed when we went through the last time). We had a quick bit at the Flametree BBQ. EE was closed down for a bit due to technical difficulty but was back up before we left.

Tonight, we are heading over to Cape May Café for one more ADR and then we will probably be finishing up at Epcot.

Now, we begin the adventure of packing things up. I have just started looking through some of my things and I do not remember buying it! Ha ha ha! Am I the only one that happens to? Chloe is having a nap right behind me on the bed right now.

Hopefully, I will be able to post one more time tonight and get my final thoughts in. If I do not, I will get the final post in and the final pics up.

Have an awesome Disney day!

To view yesterday’s pics, please click here (http://picasaweb.google.com/brettyoung8864/FridayApril17th2009#)!

To view today’s pics (so far), please click here (http://picasaweb.google.com/brettyoung8864/SaturdayApril18th2009#)!

faline
04-18-2009, 04:18 PM
It's hard to believe your trip is almost over!

The pictures of Chloe with the princesses are way cute!

You also got some great pics of the gorillas!

Mousefever
04-18-2009, 04:42 PM
It's been great to read your live reports. Chloe was very sweet in the princess pictures!

Amy

Jeff
04-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the report.
My family agrees about the very late nights in the MK. We were there till 4am during Christmas week 2007 - it was so much fun.

joannep2bc
04-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey Brett. I will be sad when you go home. You, your family, your trip reports and your photos are nothing short of awesome. BTW, did I miss the trip reports with your run days? I am a runner too and find it extremely difficult to do whilst at WDW for a couple o' reasons. Firstly the humidity and secondly that my feet ache for the entire time I am there just from walking. Please share how yours went and where you ran to/from. Have a safe journey home tomorrow.

g8rgirl29
04-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Wow!!! I am so glad that you guys made it!!! I have really enjoyed your trip report and photo's!! Thanks again for sharing!!

disneyboy98
04-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Joanne,

In all honesty, I would love to say, "yeah I ran everyday and just didn't report it." HOWEVER, I will be truthful and say that I actually did not run at all this trip (except to get to a few rides!). This is how I explained it to myself so I did not feel guilty:

First of all, I knew that I would be going and going and going alot of the day on my feet. I kind of reminded myself that I was walking 13 miles (which to us is a half marathon) a day.

Second of all, I actually had a flare up of Plantar Facitis over the past little while so I knew that not running this week would give me a chance to rest the feet a little bit.

Lastly, I run almost all year long (run 5 days a week, cross train on one, and rest on the other). Even when there is snow on the ground I am out there, and if it is too deep, I am on the treadmill. I knew that this week would be a good chance to rest the body (even indulge in a few foods that I would normally not even touch during the course of the year). 51 weeks out of the year I watch what I eat, this week, not so much! But, we need those weeks!

I actually am running a half marathon next Sunday and actually feel rested enough now (the body is not feeling sore at all). Over the next week I will do a few short runs and one long one to get ready for it.

Did I feel guilty at all this week about not running, FOR SURE!! There was a few times I would see people out there running on the paths around the Boardwalk and I was like, "that should be me." But, I told myself that I needed to rest and give my body a chance to just "chill out" for an extended period of time.

Thanks for asking! I love talking about running! Now there's a sentence I never thought I would write two years ago!! lol!

Have a good one!

Bethis26fan
04-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks for sharing.

BluewaterBrad
04-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Aw Man........all good things must come to an end. Have a GREAT last day. Looking forward to the Final Thoughts! Have fun Brett!:mickey:

DizNee143
04-20-2009, 09:39 AM
yet of course another great day! by now your at home..or even work..im sad your trip came to an end already..i wasnt even there and it felt like it went sooo fast...i always enjoy reading about your vacations! :mickey:

yjgirl32
04-20-2009, 09:50 AM
The picture with Chloe showing how old she is prieless. Too cute and of course I AAAAAAAAWWWWWWW. I love getting our pictures in front of the sword in the stone. It's great. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to miss reading your reports.

RocknBev
04-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Another great trip report! I love your report more than anyone else's including my own :blush:
Glad you had a great day and the pictures with Chloe and the princesses were priceless.

Ropachs
04-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks for all the great pictures, you're making me want to pack my bags for an unplanned trip!

pdrlkr
04-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: