PDA

View Full Version : All Veterans, No Rookies- Day 5

pink
04-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Cast-
Me, 19- All around Disney lover and aficionado.-13th trip

DB (brother), 12- Disney enthusiast, could and would sing you any Disney song.-7th trip

DM (mom), 46- Child at heart, loves everything about Disney World.- 12th trip

DD (dad), 46- Not such a fan but is willing to be a trooper and join us.- 11th trip

Hotel-
Pop Century

Days-
March 12th- 17th

Day 5- MK

This morning DM and I woke up exhausted and DD and DB woke up ready to spend their last day in MK.

DM's back was really hurting her but she tried to be a trooper and go to the park anyways. We went right back to Buzz (I actually won this time with 74,000) We then went over to Space Mountain.

Now I have to tell you I was so exicted with what happened next... we saw the talking Tomorrowland trash can! I thought it was an urban legend. He was hysterical. When people would take his picture he would say "CHEESE" and went someone put a bottle in his mouth and it got stuck he asked if he had anything in his teeth. He even commented on what other people were wearing "your rocking the black socks today huh?" It was a lot of fun. I took a picture of him, people are going to think I'm crazy for talking a picture of a trash can, but we know better! ;)

We went to Mickey's Philarmagic but DM's back was really hurting her so we went back to the hotel and told us to keep on going.

So DD, DB and I trecked on. After the show we went to Pinnochio's Village Haus. I couldn't eat anything there but DD and DB had some lunch. It was beyond packed in their, I've never seen anything like it before. I didn't care about me eating I was concerned about getting food in my two men so they weren't grumpy, I could wait until later. I found a quiet table upstairs and we had a quick lunch.

Next we went back to the Haunted Mansion and DB started to gag in the stretching room but was fine and didn't get sick. By the way, the stand-by wait for HM was 50 minutes. Insane.

By this time a parade was starting so we went the little pathway by Tom Sawyer Island and went over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

The CM there tried to trick me by telling me the ride had a loop and I insisted it didn't. He said yes it does, you start here and you come in a circle back here again. I laughed until the main behind me said to the CM "people are so stupid these days". That was uncalled for.:mad:

DB was then dieing to on Splash Mountain again. By this time, I had my fill of Splash Mountain but I decided to not be a debbie downer since we were "soaking" in our last Disney hours, so I went on with them. Wouldn't you know it, they stuck me in the back and I got soaked again but I didn't care. We were having a great last day. I knew I was regret it if I didn't go on it.

By this time we were heading back to Tomorrowland and there was so much conjestion that CM's had to guide people traffic. We finally got through the crowds and went to Space Mountain for our last ride for the whole trip.

As we walked up I noticed the stand-by line said it was a 40 minute wait with the line out of the door. Just as I said that line is at least an hour long the numbers went from 40 to 60, they must have heard me.;) We rode it one last time and had a blast as usual. I hope they don't change it that much.

We headed back to the hotel, sad but satisfied from the great trip.

That night I went to Downtown Disney by myself and did some shopping. On the bus ride home I met a nice Southern lady and helped her with some Disney advice.

Then I came back to the room and we packed up our suitcases in preparation for morning flight the next day.

However, before we left DM sent me on a mission to do a good dead. She wanted me to get her some tea but she also wanted me to give away our two 30 minutes free in the arcade cards since we never used them. I went to go give them to this women with two children and then she started screaming at her kids and pushing them around so I decided she was not the chosen one. I then found this nice women playing a game with her son and she was so grateful for the cards. It felt nice to be able to give them to someone. :thumbsup:

The next morning we dropped off our rental car, took the shuttle to the airport and had a quick, uneventful flight home. Overall, we all had a Magical trip. :mickey:

Next trip:
After I got back from Disney with my family, DBF asked for me to plan a road trip to somewhere near NY for spring break. We decided on Boston. We actually left one month after I got back from Disney and I already posted the trip-report, "Two Rookies Take on Boston" in the other trip report section.

faline
04-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Very nice trip for your family! Sorry your mom missed out on most of your last day. Hope her back is feeling better!

Hull-onian
04-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Your trip was very magical. Good report!!:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
04-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Great trip reports. Thanks for sharing.

vizsla
04-21-2009, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
04-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

aprilisis
04-30-2009, 10:20 AM
I really enjoyed reding your reports! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.