PDA

View Full Version : Akershus or Cinderella's Royal Table

Dizneydreamin'
04-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Going to WDW in August. Last visit, DH, DD, DS & I went to CRT. Thinking of going to Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. Do you get any special gifts like you do at CRT?

Tinkerfreak
04-18-2009, 08:59 AM
We have done both and find there are just as many princesses at both. I think my girls liked the Norway breakfast better because they saw Jasmine and I think Mulan as well as the regular princesses. The food is about the same at both, your standard breakfast fare, all you can eat etc. You get a photo included in the package price at both so I guess it depends on if you are willing to pay double the price to eat in the castle. If you go for the atmosphere it is hard to beat the castle but if it is about the food and characters I say give Norway a try.

Dizneydreamin'
04-18-2009, 09:11 AM
At CRT, we got a picture with Cinderella, a sparkling pin for DD & a sword for DB. Anything like that at Akershus?

Niecyboo
04-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Akershus does give you a picture with whatever princess is in the greeting area (this changes) but they do not give you any other gifts. If you are on the dining plan, you only have to use one credit for Akershus, which makes it a great value. If you are not on the dining plan, the price for CRT is about $4.00-$10.00 more per person depending on the meal, so it depends on how much you think the extra gift is worth. That being said, my kids much prefer the food at Akershus. Of course, as my clients know, my kids have very strange tastes, and like unusual foods. They want Akershus because of the smoked salmon and Lefse on the buffet. I agree with them that the food in Norway is more interesting, if you like that kind of stuff.

i'm grumpy
04-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Would like to try the Epcot breakfast but DN wouldn't eat much.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-18-2009, 10:34 AM
We've done both, are doing both again this trip.

There is something really nice about Akershus. We got to meet way more princesses (we *finally* got to meet Belle!), and the food was a little better :eat: There is the cold buffet, with more Norweigen food, but they serve an all-you-can-eat that is just like CRT, all regular breakfast food, meat, eggs, potatoes, etc.

The castle at Norway is just beautiful, like a "real" castle. If you're on the DDP, the TS-credit is spent quite will at Akershus, while CRT isn't worth two.

Last time we were at CRT, they didn't have the "wishing stars", just a plastic wand for DD :(

Akershus is a great, and easier ADR to get than CRT, but the experience is just as nice!

DANAM
04-18-2009, 12:12 PM
We've done both, are doing both again this trip.

There is something really nice about Akershus. We got to meet way more princesses (we *finally* got to meet Belle!), and the food was a little better :eat: There is the cold buffet, with more Norweigen food, but they serve an all-you-can-eat that is just like CRT, all regular breakfast food, meat, eggs, potatoes, etc.

The castle at Norway is just beautiful, like a "real" castle. If you're on the DDP, the TS-credit is spent quite will at Akershus, while CRT isn't worth two.

Last time we were at CRT, they didn't have the "wishing stars", just a plastic wand for DD :(

Akershus is a great, and easier ADR to get than CRT, but the experience is just as nice!

We planned on doing both for our trip in December some thought it was over kill. You said you are doing both as well. We have deluxe dining and will be there 10 days. What's your thoughts?

Pirate Granny
04-18-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm going with DD and DGD (2-1/2 yrs) and we are on the DDP and will do both in May...although I've been to CRT twice, it was before the price was high and pictures included so the value was great. I'm not sure that CRT is going to be worth 2TS, but it'll be our first night there, and worth it to see DGD face when she gets her picture with Cinderella (we'll let her do that alone)...and eat in the castle...We've never eaten at Akershus so we are looking forward to trying it out. And oh yea...we are eating dinners, not breakfasts at both places...I have a real problem paying those prices for breakfast, regardless if I'm on free DDP or if I'm paying...just don't see the value. That said, we will be going to Ohana's for breakfast...so go figure...
:pirate:

dreamfinder55
04-18-2009, 03:56 PM
We did Akershus back in February 08 for breakfast and it was great. DD3 absolutely loved meeting the princesses. IMO you pay so much at CRT because of location.

joanna71985
04-18-2009, 04:54 PM
I've done both Norway (breakfast) and CRT (breakfast once, lunch 4 times). I definitely prefer CRT better. I love the food for lunch, and the atmosphere is great.

ryca1dreams
04-18-2009, 05:42 PM
We did Askerhus last September with a party of 11 (including 2 boys and 3 girls from ages 5 - 13). Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the food - not too unusual, but interesting enough. I would do it again.

Have never done CRT so I can't comment, but I have no overwhelming desire to go there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-18-2009, 05:56 PM
We planned on doing both for our trip in December some thought it was over kill. You said you are doing both as well. We have deluxe dining and will be there 10 days. What's your thoughts?

We're only doing both because DD (who is turning 11 on this trip) had a minor breakdown when we told her we were only going to do 1 princess breakfast this trip. I figure that she won't be into the princess for too much longer, and we decided to indulge her :princess:

This is a real toss-up, especially with the Deluxe Plan, so the TS-credits don't really matter, I think I would still go with Norway. The food is a bit better, the interaction is better (not as rushed, more room to move around) and it is beautiful.

Of course, if you're there for 10-days, you can do one early in the trip and save the other for later on :)

DANAM
04-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Of course, if you're there for 10-days, you can do one early in the trip and save the other for later on :)

That's what I thought. We have never done either before and we don't have many other character meals planned so what the heak. Princess overload. Were else but Disney can we do that.