PDA

View Full Version : Best TS on DDP

Pooh Fan
04-17-2009, 08:45 PM
So in the past when I've gone during free DDP I wasn't really concerned about getting the best value. Since the plan was free to start with I just chose by places I thought might be fun to try. This time I'm paying for the plan and with no appetizer and gratuity no longer included I really want to try to still get value by experiencing some of the best TS on property included in the plan. I will be staying 5 nights. I really want to try LeCellier and possibly Whispering Canyon (mostly because I want to take a look around WL). I'm hoping for some advice on what Intercotees have found to be the best TS value on the DDP.

sisterdisco
04-17-2009, 09:11 PM
The DDP is a good value. The only thing that you will have to $$ for is tip. I don't think that deciding on which TS based on how much you have to tip is that beneficial.
If you are looking for the amount of food, then I recommend the:
Whispering Canyon Cafe--dinner skillet. Excellent choices, and all you can eat.
Kona Cafe---excellent food
Liberty Tree Tavern--great food, and an all you care to eat.

We ate at the Coral Reef in the past, and had to wait about 90 minutes after our ADR time, and then the bill total came to over $200 for 4 of us, and food wasn't worth a $200 bill. So if the tip hadn't been included then, we would have tipped $40-50, which I don't think was worth it.

IMHO.

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
04-17-2009, 10:26 PM
My vote goes to 'Ohana at the Poly. Also all you can eat, excellent food, and pretty pricey if you're paying out of pocket.

jonahbear2006
04-17-2009, 11:37 PM
These are our favorites that were very special experiences that had food that made us raise our eyebrows.

Le cellier
Akershus
1900 park fare
Ohana
Boma
50s Diner

Some that we have heard soooo many inconsistencies on that we wont go or we have been and didnt ever want to go back were:

drive in movie theatre
crystal palace
royal table

DANAM
04-18-2009, 12:29 PM
For us TS with best value are:
Le Cellier
'Ohana's
1900 Park Fare

Also the Wolf Gang Ouck CAFE in DTD great value for CS. If you have kids with you, there is no kids meals so they eat adult entree's. We are 2 adults and 2 kids 4 and 7. We normally order an entree salad, pizza, and an entree like a pasta. You any use 2 adult CS and a Kids CS. Great deal and the entrees are anywhere from 10-15 bucks.

Mfarquar
04-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Best values IMO:

In general, stick with dinners and stay away from traditional buffets. Yes, you are paying for tips, but restaurants that are the best value are a combination of expensive price tags, a unique experience and delicious food. These restaurants could potentially cost an arm and a leg if not on the dining plan, but are a great dining experience:

Le Cellier
Tepan Edo
Kona Cafe
O'hana
Wolf Gang Puck's Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe
California Grill (2 credits)
Narcoossee's (2 credits)
Skillet at Whispering Canyon

The EPCOT restaurants in general are pricey and a good bang for your dining plan.

There a couple of places like Sci-Fi Drive-In and the Plaza Restaurant at the MK. Both have great points, but they are examples of restaurants who are more reasonably priced and may not get you the best value for your $$ as a result.

But, you need to stick with what makes YOU happy and what you'd like to try.

All of this is making me :eat: !

PixieMagic
04-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Mine!!

1) Teppan Edo

2) Rose & Crown

3) Ohana

Pooh Fan
04-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks for your help everyone! I think I have settled on the following:
Le Cellier
Tepan Eddo
Kona Cafe
Whispering Canyon
Mamma Melrose (Fantasmic Package)

My backups are Chef de France and Ohana if I can't get my first picks. Looking forward to some new experiences