PDA

View Full Version : Veggie burgers

i'm grumpy
04-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Are they any good?

playdead88
04-17-2009, 08:07 PM
fabulous! keep in mind that have been a vegetarian for 16 years so its been a long time since i had a hamburger but as far as im concerned they are yummy :mickey:

i'm grumpy
04-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks. :)

Dulcee
04-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Depends where you get them. I'm not a vegetarian but try to eat well. Some veggie burgers can be fantastic and others can be downright dismal.. I've had a few at WDW and its always been hit or miss.

i'm grumpy
04-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Eek!! :funny:

playdead88
04-19-2009, 07:40 AM
pecos bills and cosmic rays at MK have a great veggie burger and toppings bar

rosies all american at DHS is probably my favorite veggie burger

columia harbour house at MK has and awesome hummus sandwich

sunshine seasons at epcot is the vegetarian hot spot - they have a ton of non meat items that are all great

pizzafari at AK has the best caesar salad in the world and their breadsticks are good too

hope that helps

33 more days till i get to have a veggie burger at disney :cloud9:

AmandaChan
04-20-2009, 01:47 AM
The veggie burgers at Restaurantosaurus (sp) at AK are good.

pox24
04-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Had my first during recent trip. Had to eat it when we arrived on Friday because it was Lent.
It was gross. Tasted like a hockey puck made from lettuce. Maybe with some mustard and ketcup it would have been better.:ack:

EJS-Houston
04-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Had my first during recent trip. Had to eat it when we arrived on Friday because it was Lent.
It was gross. Tasted like a hockey puck made from lettuce. Maybe with some mustard and ketcup it would have been better.:ack:

I don't expect gourmet veggie burgers from the counter service places throughout WDW, so maybe that accounts for the fact that I've enjoyed them wherever I've gotten them, and was frankly grateful to have healthy options (including really delicious fresh fruit) when in past years all you could get was a standard burger/frieds combo.

ElenitaB
04-20-2009, 06:32 PM
I've always enjoyed the ones I've had at WDW, particularly the ones from Cosmic Ray's! :thumbsup:

Belle_0717
04-20-2009, 09:25 PM
My fave place is Pecos Bill's:thumbsup:. I load up on toppings at the bar. I prefer veggie burgers over the real thing most of the time (I did have a real "bar" burger last week after years). Be there in 13 - can't wait.

estein80
04-20-2009, 11:48 PM
I know that a couple years ago, I had a veggie burger in America at Epcot and was not impressed, but I wasn't expecting to be. It was a Boca Burger, and I tend to not really like them, but it did the trick for that time. I was there last month and it was much better (and DH grabbed me mayo, sauteed onions, cheese, tomato and lettuce).