PDA

View Full Version : A Call Out to Intercot Gamers Past, Present and Even Future!

JPL
04-17-2009, 06:03 PM
As some of you know we have been playing a game called Small Worlds, which is a virtual world where alot on VMK refugees have settled. Now it is by now means as magical as VMK but I always felt it was about the people more than the place itself. I for one miss talking to alot of you guys outside of Intercot and the Occaisional post or e-mail. A good number of us have rooms that are members only to keep them family friendly and kid safe. We had a strong community of friends on VMk and sadly with loss of that platform we have started to grow apart a little more. What I am proposing is a reunion of sorts especially in light of the news we recently received about Erin. I know from reading all of our feelings about her and how close we all had become on VMK. I would like to continue this community and see it grow to include new friends and old. We all have a lot of catching up to do.

Please Post if you are interested and we can come up with the most convienient set of dates for everyone who wants to take part to meet.

When we have a few people lined up we can walk you through the rest and find you in the game and make you members of our rooms so you can come visit whenever you want to catch up with friends.

Let's continue the great ttradition that Disney helped start :thumbsup:

trackbarroness
04-17-2009, 06:30 PM
That sounds like a plan Jeff/Figgiefig

Blue Genie
04-17-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm game get it game send I only get 1 day at work.

wizardmickey
04-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Count me emphatically and 100% IN !!!

Marla
04-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Yes Count Me In!! I was really surprised the Friday evening after we had all learned what happened to Erin I found no one in SmallWorlds. I thought we had a sort of informal Friday night get together already. I hope your call to everyone Jeff/Figgiefig works as I truly miss you all. I guess we need a leader of sorts, and I hope your it. When I think back and remember some of our conversations and antics I smile. :tink:

Randypandy
04-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm in. where do you all want to meet and hang out?

Blue Genie
04-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Well tonight most of use was in Ice's room. It was me,Ice,JP,Cat,Rocks,Fan.

TinkRocks
04-18-2009, 10:44 AM
:cool: I'm so in! :cool:

For those of you who haven't joined Small Worlds yet - send me a PM and I will send you a link to the game.

Tiggerdog
04-18-2009, 11:01 AM
I am all in!

I miss you guys terribly!

varcity
04-18-2009, 01:51 PM
you're so totally rad!!! DUUUUDDDEEEE

This sure beats paying for POTC again. :mickey: I am definitely game.

Randypandy
04-18-2009, 02:38 PM
where are we meeting? :confused:

JPL
04-18-2009, 03:35 PM
It's great we are getting the interest :thumbsup: We are usually on at different times but I will wait a few more days and start giving out some formal dates. But feel free to join in the fun any time!

My user name on Small Worlds Is Figgiefig Imagine

So if anyone joins just search me add to me to your friends and send me a message and I will add you as a member to my room. Just like in VMK when you find one of us you find all of us :mickey:

Alligirl
04-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Wow, I miss you guys!:( I should try smallworlds again! Of course it was giving me trouble so who knows, but I will try!!

Blue Genie
04-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Maybe we can give out our Small World names I go by as Genie Jafar for those looking for me.

wizardmickey
04-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Ice Rocker ... Of course! :thumbsup:

It was fun last night - except having the lights off in my room messed with everybody (so I turned the lights on)... then the music started making people freeze... Well, we were in the "House of Ice" after all!!!!

I think if Figgie coordinates this, we can meet in a different room each week or night or whatever... naturally, mi casa es su casa!!!

janmathatter
04-19-2009, 04:51 PM
I will definitely make more of an effort to be on Smallworlds to meet up with all of you. I just can't take doing the quests, so I stopped going on. But I do miss seeing all of you. And I haven't been on pirates much lately at all, just when Cat makes me. (Don't let her know I said that):secret:

cEveArdenfan
04-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Bad cEveArdenfan. I haven't been spending nearly enough time with you guys as I should. A reunion sounds like a lot of fun. Late Friday nights haven't really been an option for me lately, because I get up early Saturday and Sunday. I have a good reason mind you. :mickey2: :cloud9:
I really will try to be on more, and whatever date you set, you can count me in.

Randypandy
04-19-2009, 09:59 PM
I registered on smallworlds as miressa.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-20-2009, 12:12 AM
I miss you guys, too. I would really like to meet up with you all. :) Unfortunately weekdays aren't free for me, but probably Saturday/Friday nights depending on my schedule. I haven't been on SmallWorlds in ages :P

Marla
04-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Great Idea Genie! My name on SmallWorlds is Tinkcollector. I logged in late the other night and I found Genie and Cat. :tink:

Blue Genie
04-20-2009, 03:24 AM
Well tonight 4/19 Ice and myself found or should I say Ran found us at the Mystro shop tonight then a few hours later Crazy Kim came by we when to my room where later was meet up with Cat,Rat and Tink. So looks like your plan is working well JP. I think the next meet should be at JP's room for next Friday or Sat.

varcity
04-20-2009, 10:50 AM
And I haven't been on pirates much lately at all, just when Cat makes me. (Don't let her know I said that):secret:

I won't rat you out bay.be :cloud9:

Erik Lightyear. Cheesy yes, I just registered to see what it was about a few months ago. Maybe I'll create someone with a better title.

TinkRocks
04-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Erik Lightyear. Cheesy yes, I just registered to see what it was about a few months ago. Maybe I'll create someone with a better title.

Go with something totally 'you' - something like Witty Comebacks or Var City.

chrisb26
04-21-2009, 12:32 PM
I will try meeting up with you guys one night. It's just difficult cause the internet I have isn't the quickest and I almost always work nights but if we set a date I'll let you guys know I usually have wednesday or thursday off.

I really want to catch up with you guys I miss talking to you all lol

Randypandy
04-22-2009, 02:18 AM
I was curious how much is it to become a vip member on there. wondering if i should look into or not.

MonkeyBoyJoe
04-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Just found Erin's beta account. Doesn't look like she used it since then. Because of the Flickr and YouTube connections, I'm setting up a room on her toon (Little Dragon) to remember her.

I haven't really messed with it much but as I understand it you can have multiple toons on an account, right? If so I'll create another one for myself on her account (I'm too lazy to register a new account lol).

TinkRocks
04-22-2009, 09:45 PM
I haven't really messed with it much but as I understand it you can have multiple toons on an account, right? If so I'll create another one for myself on her account (I'm too lazy to register a new account lol).

Yes - you can have up to 5 avatars / characters per registered e-mail address. When you've logged in using your e-mail address, click on the home page and you'll be able to scroll through your character carousel.

trackbarroness
04-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Just curious to find out if we've set an approximent time to get together on SW.

varcity
04-23-2009, 11:34 AM
definitely had a computer freeze last night and I didnt sign back on. Sorry guys. But how excited I was to see my family again!

trackbarroness
04-23-2009, 11:48 AM
I keep missing out on meeting all of my friends :(
so what time are ya'll on SW?

JPL
04-23-2009, 11:49 AM
You can usually find people on starting about 9 Eastern time. I haven't thought about an offoicial set meet yet so if anyone has any suggestions or would like to set up feel free to jump in:thumbsup:

Chescat
04-23-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm normally the late one since I'm West Coast and get home late from work and then eat dinner.

Last night from about 9:00-10:30pm West Coast we had Snarky, FlyingIce, Varcity, Miressa and me in there. I think DotRocks got on around that time, but we were hoping through the Ghost Story mission for a couple people when she first logged in.

Seems like Friday night or Sunday night seems like good nights. Sunday night can be earlier since most of us are home. I know Sat is bad for Ice.

This weekend might be bad for me. Its double rep points in Pirates, so going to be helping Nachocat and a few others get their points.

As a note, if you guys see me on weekends in my AFK room or in the Seafurys grand hall and don't respond. That normally means I'm off playing another game or working around the house. I promise I'm not ignoring you.

wizardmickey
04-23-2009, 08:56 PM
I know Sat is bad for Ice.
Whoooo, you have no idea how true that has just become!
We sorta "overcomitted" ourselves over the next 2 weekends, doing a day show this Saturday at Louisiana College and next Saturday a day show at a benefit with like 16-20 other bands out of town. Then both Saturday nights we'll also be playing at Brewzerz until 1 am!
We also just got our schedule penciled in for Brewzerz, and we'll be playing every other Saturday there beginning May 16th (in addition to these next 2 weekends) and running through until June 20th (plus any other gigs we pick up along the way like our annual Memorial Day Bash at the Hospital I work at for the patients!)
Sundays aren't bad, and some Fridays are ok too. I poke in and look around during the week as well when I'm not working, rehearsing or in the studio.

trackbarroness
04-25-2009, 04:31 AM
Next Friday I'm sceduled from 8:15 to 2115, and then start at 8, but I get off at 1300 which means I'm off for the big race next Saturday. :thumbsup:
I'll be able to watch the race instead of having someone tell me what's happening in the race. I changed my days off to Wednesday and Thursday so there my new "weekend" now. I'm thinking of upgrading because I had gotten used to "angel" being with me every where I go on SW. And the outfit I had started out with is a VIP outfit, so go figure.

TinkRocks
04-25-2009, 11:33 AM
I changed my days off to Wednesday and Thursday so there my new "weekend" now.

Awww - don't go confusin' ppl again now, Dis! :confused: :rotfl:

Don't worry - I know what you mean!

trackbarroness
04-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Awww - don't go confusin' ppl again now, Dis! :confused: :rotfl:

Don't worry - I know what you mean!

Or saying something like "today's my Friday when it's Tuesday. Yeah I hear ya. :D

varcity
04-30-2009, 01:47 AM
I was on tonight and no one else seemed to be. Of course I haven't quite figured out the system yet. I completed a lot of quests and have to have 3 people in my room, play checkers, and figure out what a lightly faded timber floor looks like! :mickey:

ah but that will be saved for another night!

SparkleMeTink
04-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Ok, I have to start getting back to SmallWorlds again I see. I'll see what I can do for Sat. night.:thumbsup:

JPL
04-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Ok well next week I have decided my Tuesday will be my Thursday and my Thursday will be my Wednesday :confused:

wizardmickey
04-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Personally, I enjoy logging on every 5th Fratnesurueday, but that's just me...

Fo' real tho', I might make either Friday or Sunday this week - maybe - I hope!

trackbarroness
04-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Ok well next week I have decided my Tuesday will be my Thursday and my Thursday will be my Wednesday :confused:

Jeff I changed my 2 days off, so instead of having Thursday and Friday off, I now have Wednesday and Thursday off.
Hugs all around

TinkRocks
05-01-2009, 11:20 AM
I won't officially be logging onto SW until Tuesday or Wednesday next week - I know you guys won't miss me too much.

Know what's weird? I was in the Disney Store the other day and there's tons of Club Penguin stuff. Why on earth didn't they promote VMK like that?

trackbarroness
05-04-2009, 07:02 AM
From what I remember VMK was a marketing tool for Disney parks, and they did have a few things in the gift shops but not like Club Penguin or that other site of theirs. I'm not a huge fan of Club Penguin just don't get the hoopla over it. Or is it that I'm feeling rather low lately that I can't see the whole picture? Idk

Blue Genie
05-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey Doc they even got them at my work (Toys R Us) and I agree Club Peguin is dumbo.

janebanks
06-01-2009, 07:11 PM
I just had Small Worlds email me my password, which I had forgotten. I'll get back on there and start looking for you all.

Later...
OK, I'm back on and have added FiggieFig and Chescat and Evie Fangirl to my Friends list. What happens next? How do I hook up with you all?

Now I have to learn how to move around, decorate my room, and what to do while I'm there! :)

wizardmickey
06-02-2009, 12:44 PM
I guess it's kinda like back during VMK - find one and eventually you'll find us all!
If you don't have me yet, search for Ice Rocker...
Anyone of us can help find the rest!

janebanks
06-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Are we able to have normal conversations in Small Worlds, and even (gasp) say where we are in real life, or is it all in secret code to protect the innocent?

JPL
06-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Ok added you to my list and gave you membership so you can enter my room. I will be on the look out for you :thumbsup:

And yes we can have normal conversation although I really mis the dictionary dance :(

trackbarroness
06-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Me too, me too JPL, and talking about where I work and not getting in trouble. :D Lololol

janebanks
06-03-2009, 09:55 PM
The dictionary dance brought us all to new heights of verbal creativity.

I'm at my parents' house with very slow Internet and anything with intense video or graphics is so slow to load that I'm just getting frustrated. I'll be home in a few days though with blessed blessed fast wireless and I'm looking forward to seeing you all in figgie's room then!

trackbarroness
06-04-2009, 08:40 AM
That it did, and perhaps a new meet can be arranged at DLR soon? :secret: :cool: I've a feeling if or when My Mom and I do get our wish to visit DLR it might be at a later time then when we want to. Something about a 6 or 7 month thing. We want to visit in either September or October, which isn't that far away. Just 3 to 4 months away, that could be a stay at one of the hotels instead of DVC, which DLR will have only one of. Will keep you all posted on the when and where a possible meet can occur. :thumbsup:

Chescat
06-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Disney, Just let us know when you are heading this direction, would love to see you again. :)

Blue Genie
06-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Like Cat said Disney let us know so I can get the day off and to let my mom know.

Randypandy
06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
got on small worlds friday and saturday and finally finished the loyalty challenge. Got on today and got a snake thing. Looks cool but now i have to start all over again. Wanted to let you all know the kitten is doing great. She's got teeth already. Bites me every time i flea comb her. lol

TinkRocks
06-09-2009, 02:26 AM
got on small worlds friday and saturday and finally finished the loyalty challenge. Got on today and got a snake thing. Looks cool but now i have to start all over again. Wanted to let you all know the kitten is doing great. She's got teeth already. Bites me every time i flea comb her. lol

Ahhh... the joys of kittens (or as I like to call them - fluff with claws & fangs).

Don't all cats bite? ;)

Marla
06-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I had the sweetest Orange tabby cat. Her name was Abbigail, and she never would bite. She was with me for 19 years. :tink:

Randypandy
06-10-2009, 02:03 AM
She's only a month old so far but she's got the points already coming in. She's going to be a seal point like her mother. My mom named her kendra.

trackbarroness
06-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Will do guys, so far it's looking like we'll be coming out your way in September for My Mom's B-day. We need to figure out where we're staying and get flights to and from. I'm thinking of bringing out a poster or something from the Buzz complex to bring out to DLR's Buzz complex. :thumbsup: