PDA

View Full Version : Budget?

Dulcee
04-17-2009, 03:56 PM
So my DBF and I are headed to POR in June for 7 nights/8 Days on the the dining plan. I'm trying to work out a rough budget for additional money were going to need to bring on the trip. We're doing Breakfast in the room each morning and are only paying for two lunches OOP. We're also bringing bottled water for the parks.

How does this look? Am I under/over budgeting anywhere?

GardenGrocer Breakfast Food+Shipping:50
Tips for dinners/bell hops ect: 100
2 Refillable Mugs: 24
Jelly Rolls Night Cover, Alcohol, Cab: 120
Extra Food/Alcohol Money: 100
Souveiners: 100

Grand Total $494

Woozle
04-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Dulcee,

I have you done a sample cart at garden grocer? If not that would help you get a more exact amount for groceries. I would also plan to have some extra $ set aside for emergencies/ unforseen expenses. Otherwise, it looked good. Have fun!
:bar:

MOJoe
04-17-2009, 04:44 PM
$100 for :marg: & :beer: for an entire week would not be enough.

But then again, i have issues. :blush:

Magic Smiles
04-17-2009, 05:10 PM
What does the word "BUDGET" mean?

I always takes lots and always manage to spend more. I would definitely take extra, as you can always bring it back home with you.

Jeri
04-17-2009, 05:51 PM
I would budget more for tips. We usually tip mousekeeping $5 a day, and we tip at least $20.00 for a sit down meal if service was good and about $10 if bad.

Then again we don't do a budget, we bring alot with and still go over. I couldn't stick to a budget if I tried.

sleepingbooty
04-17-2009, 05:55 PM
I think your budget looks pretty good. Unless you plan to have an alcoholic bev at each dinner - in that case you'll have to bump up that section of the budget, as drinks are pretty pricey in The World. $100 will probably cover your dinner tips (its about what I figured for us, and I used the menus here on Intercot to come up with a meal cost for all our restaurants, then figured 18%), but you may want to add in extra if you plan to tip the housekeeping staff. Also, did you plan for meals at the airport? And are you sure about only $100 for souvenirs? That will go pretty quickly. Good luck, and have a great time!

BMan62
04-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Check the menus for the TS locations you are going to be going to. Plan 15 - 20% of the meal prices for tips.

Alcohol is more expensive at WDW too.

You seem to have the right idea with your plan, but I would guesstimate closer to $600 for OOP expenses for 7 nights - anywhere between $75 and $100 per day. Believe me, with a couple drinks a day and the price of Disney souvenirs, you'll be glad for the little extra $$$.

SFTrny
04-17-2009, 07:06 PM
If you are trying to figure out how much money to bring to WDW, the answer is simple...

Bring it all.

PetefromRI
04-17-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't know how big of eaters you are but when we do the meal plan it's either BRKFST and Dinner or Lunch and Dinner because you get alot of food.I think that your budget looks good and then I'd bring an extra 300.00 just in case you want to go nuts and splurge unless you can't afford it.We always have good old plastic just in case of an emergency or a splurge.

Dulcee
04-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the help..

DBF and I aren't real big drinkers normally, I get sleepy after one glass of wine :blush: (I'm a sad college senior I know..) Most nights we probably won't be ordering alcohol with dinner anyway.

I did a cart at Garden Grocer (thanks for the tip) so that helped too.

And I wish we could splurge and bring more but as a college senior and a newly hired cop we need to try our best to keep to some kind of budget (so we aren't completely broke when returning home). I can scale back on buying stuff if it means getting to be in the world for a week :mickey:

I may do a little more estimating on tips though

thanks all!
:cloud9:

tinksmom02
04-18-2009, 11:17 AM
$100 for :marg: & :beer: for an entire week would not be enough.

But then again, i have issues. :blush:

You're not the only one. :marg::blush:

LVT
05-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I believe the refillable mugs for your resort are on the dining plan also. Beer money for the Biergarten.

Live4WDW
05-01-2009, 11:20 PM
:mickey: Greetings, being somewhat new at this, I hope I am right. My wife is not here to correct me:nono: LOL In doing research for my trip in Nov/Dec with the three dining plan options, I found the refillable mug was only offered on 1. The quick service dining plan, and 2. The deluxe dining plan. The regular dining plan in the middle did not include it.:( As far as a budget, can't really say, we are bringing everything except the kitchen sink, worthless anyway. I just like to have an emergency/contingency fund. WDW is something we do some serious saving for, and do our best to live it up while we are there. Go for it and enjoy. :party:

Tigger&Stitch
05-02-2009, 07:20 AM
DBF and I aren't real big drinkers normally, I get sleepy after one glass of wine :blush:

Me too! (And I'm 35...)