PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used a "resort pool" other than their OWN resort?

Gregandmel
04-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Ok - maybe this is a secret :secret: that some of you don't want to share, but I just wondered if anyone ever used another resort's pool, other than their own? Were you there to check out the resort, or maybe have dinner and decided to swim while you were there? We've never done it, but I've been SOOOO tempted when we hop over to the Polynesian to wander around the grounds and have dinner at O'hana's. My son always is SO sad when we can't swim in their pool! Just wondered if anyone has done this!!

buzznwoodysmom
04-17-2009, 01:55 PM
No we have never done that. If we really want to swim at a pool then we stay there. That's the reason we are staying at BC this coming Thanksgiving.

Seasonscraps
04-17-2009, 02:13 PM
No, I never did that.

First, it's against the rules. There are posted signs that pools are for resort guests only.

Second, I don't want to have to takes buses and to and from resorts with wet hair & swimsuits.

KylesMom
04-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Nope, with my luck, I'd be the one "caught" and kicked out. Not worth the risk/embarrassment to my family. Unless you're a DVC'er it is against Disney's policy to pool hop to other resorts except for "sister" resorts such as the All-Stars.

That being said, we love the WL pool and atmosphere - that's one of the reasons why we pay the money to stay there.

MNNHFLTX
04-17-2009, 02:24 PM
It's true that "pool hopping" is not allowed at the WDW resorts. The only exceptions--resort guests are allowed to swim at pools of "sister" resorts (Port Orleans Riverside can swim at Port Orleans French Quarter and vice versa, and Allstar resort guests can swim at any of the Allstar resort pools) and DVC members can swim at all the resort pools except Stormalong Bay (at the Beach and Yacht Club resorts) and the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool.

Since discussion of getting around the rules at WDW is not allowed here on INTERCOT, this thread will be closed.:mickey: