PDA

View Full Version : POP splash pad

aurora, ariel, and bell
04-17-2009, 08:34 AM
I have heard that there is a splash pad at POP behind the Hippy Dippy Pool.

Does anyone know if there are rooms that overlook this and what their numbers would be?

Would it still be close to the main food court and busses.

I have requested 60's overlooking Hippy Dippy Pool, but wondering if i should change?

TiggerD
04-17-2009, 09:33 AM
No need to change your room, the splash pad is directly behind the Hippy Dippy Pool. Our grandson loved it. I do not know the room numbers in that area, but if you are close to the pool you will not have a problem getting to food court, or busses.. Enjoy your trip, we are counting the days (146) till we get to Pop ourselves, 4th trip staying there and we also have requested a preferred room right outside the pool. Our son and his family are joining us and my two grandsons now will be enjoying the splash pad...:mickey:

aurora, ariel, and bell
04-17-2009, 10:44 AM
We are going in 143 days, so we will be there at the same time. thanks for the advise, we have never stayed at pop before and are looking forward to it.:mickey:

tys_mommy
04-20-2009, 09:24 AM
There is a wadding pool with water that spurts up directly behind the pool in the middle but there is also an small area when you walk out of the main building turn left and it's on the other side of the 60's building - Goofy theme little area with water spurts. You can see it here marked wtih Goofy's head - http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg

dancin Disney style
04-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I sort of think you are asking about the Pop jets not the kiddie pool. The kiddie pool is behind the HD pool. The Pop jets are located between the 60s and 70s along the path.

The rooms that are poolside tend to be noisy. So if this is an issue you should ask for something else. The pool is usually open until 11 or 12. After that quite often there are still people in it and it's hit or miss as to whether they get ejected or not.

aurora, ariel, and bell
04-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I've never been before, just reading these boards. I guess i may be asking about the pop jets. Would I be better to request a room facing these? (If there is such a thing?)
I don't think the noise will bother us but it is a concern after reading everyones thoughts about not facing the pool.
I would also like to be close to the buses and food courts as we will have two tired girls when we get home from the parks.

Belster
04-20-2009, 11:23 PM
We always stay right in front of the HDP and love it. The noise has never bothered any of our 3 kids. We use the white noise machine that is on the alarm clock and it works like a charm.

tys_mommy
04-21-2009, 08:48 AM
I've never been before, just reading these boards. I guess i may be asking about the pop jets. Would I be better to request a room facing these? (If there is such a thing?)
I don't think the noise will bother us but it is a concern after reading everyones thoughts about not facing the pool.
I would also like to be close to the buses and food courts as we will have two tired girls when we get home from the parks.

The rooms facing these are very close to the main building and on the back side of the rooms facing the main pool - so if that is something you would like then yes I would request it.

disneydreamer1970
04-21-2009, 10:43 AM
I can't wait to let my little one play in the water jets!! Only 47 more days to go!!! :cloud9:

cmshelton1979
04-21-2009, 10:59 AM
24 more days till me and my family are at POP!!!!

:mickey::cloud9:

dancin Disney style
04-25-2009, 06:58 AM

The rooms that would 'face' the pop jets are either the non poolside 60s or the 70s. They don't really face the pop jets thought. The jets are along the path that is between these buildings and there is a fair bit of tall shrubbery around there.

If you want to be close to the buses and the food court your best prefered will be either the 60s or 70s. They are both about the same distance. The 50s are further because the food court and buses are at the same end of Classic Hall. The 60s are a tiny bit closer to the food court.