PDA

View Full Version : Niece's Surprise Pre-Trip Report

wilcat
04-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Attending - Me - Cathy - Long time WDW Lover

Reason for going - to surprise my niece Maria for her 11th birthday.

This trip was not really being planned for this year as my DH had gotten laid off in December and my father passed away in March and I had a medical procedure done last week. But as luck would have it DH found a job and wants me to get away for some relaxation after such a stressful start to the year. What a better time to go then to help my niece Maria celebrate her 11th birthday. The great thing is that she thinks I am going on a business trip while she is on vacation and doesn't know I will be at WDW waiting her arrival.

I will be staying at All Star Sports from June 16-21 and she will be coming in on Thursday the 18th. Her birthday is on June 19th and I will co-ordinate with her parents to meet them at MK for the "surprise".

I am looking forward to seeing the parks by myself until the birthday girl arrives. I am not doing the dining plan but do want to get a reservation at Le Cellier but there is nothing available yet for my time frame. I will wait until I get there and see if the concierge people can help get me in.

Karen at Magical Journeys is just awesome and set my trip up with no hassels and got me a discount for my stay. Using Magical Express means I don't have to worry about transportation for my entire stay. Yesterday we paid the trip off in full and I got a great non-stop flight from Pittsburgh to Orlando on Southwest.

I will post a trip report when I get back. Have a Magical Day!!

yjgirl32
04-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Sounds like fun- have a great time.

deedeenmickey
04-17-2009, 10:07 AM
I hope you and your family have a wonderful time and your niece has a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hull-onian
04-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Wow, sounds like fun. We are taking our ten year old niece in 15 days, can't wait.:mickey:

faline
04-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Seems like a trip is very much needed by you! I'm sorry for your loss.

What a great surprise for your niece!

DizNee143
04-17-2009, 02:55 PM
sounds good!! hope you have a great time!! enjoy yourself!! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
04-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Have a Magical Trip.:mickey:

vizsla
04-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Have a great time.

BhamWriter
04-19-2009, 11:15 PM
It's great that you're getting some time prior to your niece arriving. I took a solo trip a couple of years ago and loved it. I enjoy being here with family, but, when alone, I set my own schedule and do exactly what I want. That's fun, too. Enjoy!