PDA

View Full Version : In Disney Right Now, April 16th, 11:59 pm

disneyboy98
04-17-2009, 01:31 AM
Has anyone ever noticed that, at Epcot, you walk around a lot more than at the other parks? That is what my feet are telling me today as I sit down to write this.

Well, another day has come and gone here at WDW. It was a beautiful day weather-wise and today was one of those days where we just kind of went with the flow.

We did get a bit of a sleep in this morning. It seems that we have been up and going quite early over the passed few mornings so we needed a bit of a sleep in today. Our day kind of officially began with our ADR at Le Cellier. Now, being from Canada, I can tell you that we do not eat like what they serve at this place. This place is, without a doubt, one of my favorites and it is so worth it to go, if you can get that ADR. When we arrived we were among the first seated for service at 11:30. Now, as we were sitting there, out of no where, I hear, “Hi Brett” and I was like, “huh?” It turns out that right next to us, on a bench, was Stephanie (aka Bouncer, on Intercot, I hope I got that right Stephanie) and her son and mother. They were going in to have lunch at Le Cellier as well! Plus, just so you all know, they were sporting an Intercot hat! We were well represented at Epcot today! I kind of was taken back and then she talked about reading my trip reports and recognized Chloe from the pics that I post. What can I say, I guess we have made Chloe kind of famous! Stephanie is vacationing with her family at the Poly at the club level. It was so cool, and unexpected, to meet someone from on the boards! So, Stephanie, if you are reading this, I hope you have an awesome rest of your trip! I hope that Brian got another ride on POTC (which is mine and her son’s favorite ride!). It was awesome to meet you!

Once again, we had an amazing meal at Le Cellier (pics link at the end of the post). The cheddar cheese soup pretty much is a meal in itself and I finally got to try that Chocolate Mousse! It was really good as well!

After lunch, we decided to take Chloe to see Pooh bear, Tigger, and Eeyore at the United Kingdom. Well, as you can see from the pics, Chloe was in Heaven having her pick of three characters. She gave lots of hugs and kisses to all of them! Plus, after that, Kevin got picked to go into the street performers parade in their rendition of “The Holy Grail.” It was so funny!! If you have seen them before, you know how funny those skits can get. If you have not, I really do encourage you to stop in the United Kingdom and see those street performers. Trust me, you will be glad that you did!

After that, we then made our way over the UOE for a quick ride (and some air conditioning) on that. We then headed over to Innoventions where we saw an exhibit on Severe Weather Replication. It was really cool to watch the scenario in 3D and then have to figure out how we could have made our houses stronger to withstand certain weather conditions. Hopefully it will still be there when you make your next trip because it was really cool!

We then decided to split up for a few hours. Kevin and Beckie decided to go and try out the Kim Possible cell phone game at WS. They said it was a lot of fun to do and you get to make many things happen (make things appear, cause things to move, etc) with the cell phones. I didn’t get much of a chance to really get into it with them about the whole experience but there are some pics in the web album for you to look at. Mom, Dad, and Chloe decided to head back to the hotel for some relaxation time. Me? Well I spent about an hour in MouseGear picking out some stuff for some people back home. Man, that place has a lot of stuff!

After that, we all met up back at the room for some down time and TV watching. At around 7:00 we decided to return to Epcot for EMH. Because most of us were still full from our lunch, we decided just to pick up a quick supper at Seasons in The Land. When we walked in we noticed that the line for Soarin was out the entrance to the attraction and up the stairs so that the line ended in front of the Garden Grill restaurant. The funny thing was that the posted time for the stand-by line was 50 minutes. We kind of gawked at it for a minute and then said that if the wait time was 30 minutes by the time we were done eating, we would line up. Sure enough, as we were almost done eating the line dropped to 30 minutes (mostly because Illuminations was about to start) so we got a baby swap and jumped in line (Kevin, Beckie, and I). So we went on Soarin (love the smell of the oranges, reminds us of Horizons, sigh, RIP) and then we sent Kevin, mom, and dad on it with the baby swap and Beckie and I took Chloe on the Living with the Land boat ride. The cutest thing about taking her on there was that during the scenes with the video clips of the tractors and such, she thought it was her great uncle (Beckie’s and my uncle) on the tractor. She kept saying, “uncle Danny, tractor.” It was really cute!

We then met up with mom, dad, and Kevin after their ride on Soarin and Kevin wanted to do the Living with the Land boat ride as well so we went on it again, with all the same reactions from Chloe. Then, we headed over for another visit with Nemo and his friends and then over to Imagination for a visit with Figment. Chloe sure does like her Figment, but not as much as going to find Donald on the Mexican boat ride, which is where we ended the rides for the night. It was definitely a Chloe ride night! The funny thing is now that she has been on all these rides she wants to point things out to us like we have never seen them before. When she sees Donald she has to tell us. When she see Figment, she has to tell us. When something looks like it could be from “It’s a Small World” she has to tell us. It is so amazing watching her brain work now! It’s like she is remembering things which is a whole new experience for us!

After that, it was around 11:45 so we took the WS back around to the International Gateway and here we are in the room again.

Tomorrow, we are going to be heading back over to the outlets for a bit more looking around and then we are going to hit the MK in the evening as the park is open till 3:00 in the morning and we are going to try and pull that one off to the end. Can we do it? I guess you will have to stay tuned to find out. Chances are, if we do, you will not see much of a trip report tomorrow nigh, lol!

Have an awesome Disney day!

To view today’s pics, please click here (http://picasaweb.google.com/brettyoung8864/ThursdayApril16th2009#)!

SBETigg
04-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Very awesome! So cool that Stephanie introduced herself and recognized Chloe. Chloe sure loves her Pooh characters. Adorable! Thanks, Brett. Another great report.

Jeff
04-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the great report.
Wonderful pictures!:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
04-17-2009, 09:03 AM
I love your pictures- they are very good. I ate my breakfast befoer I started looking at your pictures today. It looked really good. Thanks for sharing.

deedeenmickey
04-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Another fantastic day! Your trip reports are making me so impatient for my trip in June!! We will be eating at LeCellier for the first time and the food looked so yummy! I miss having a little one to watch react to things though!

faline
04-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Looks like you had a very relaxed pace on this day! Got some great pictures of a nearly empty park!

DizNee143
04-17-2009, 11:24 AM
another great day!!! all the food looked sooo yummy! :mickey:

dtootsie42
04-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Another wonderful day! Thanks for the report and all the terrific pictures.:mickey:

Hull-onian
04-17-2009, 12:06 PM
The photos are terrific. Chole looks like she had a great time.

Bethis26fan
04-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks for sharing

thejens
04-17-2009, 11:35 PM
I love your reports and your pictures, but most of all, I love the love and enthusiasm you have for your daughter! As a Mama, I totally relate. It's all about being with our children.

g8rgirl29
04-18-2009, 09:42 AM
I am sitting here this am :mcoffee:, waiting excitedly, to find out if you made it until 3am!!

bouncer
04-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Brett, it was great to meet you and your family and the lovely Chloe. What a lucky little girl to have such a close family as yours. We had a good trip home and came back to 70 degrees yesterday and 40 something and dreary today. Not at all like the flowers and warmth of Disney! We miss it already! Hope your trip was a safe one too. Say hello to the rest of your family for us!

pdrlkr
04-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: