PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekends Plannin

Hayden's Dad
04-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Hey everyone,
Well Star Wars . com has announced the celebs for the Star Wars Weekends and the two for the first weekend are going to be Ray Park, Warwick Davis, and James Arnold Taylor.

I really want to meet Warwick Davis, and I would also like to meet Ray Park. What are your tips? I know to be there really early and right now we are planning on being there by 6:00AM, and we will be there on Friday the first day. Is there a chance of meeting them both? Also is there a limit to what how many itmes they will sign?:blush: I have at least three pictures from different movies I would like Warwick Davis to sign.

Thanks for all of your help. Almost one month away. :mickey:

MOJoe
04-17-2009, 04:38 PM
The system for getting autographs has worked like this in recent years.
A line will form outside of the park. At 7 or 8 a.m. the line will enter the Studios. At 9, fastpasses with session times will be given out. When your time approaches, you go to the tent for your meeting. Only 1 fastpass per guest, and only 1 autograph. Though sometimes the celeb will sign more than one thing.
So , to get autographs for 2 celebs on the same day, you need a partner in the other line, or be first in line for the "hard to get" autograph, then jump in the other line and hope you get lucky.

FYI - Ray Park seems to be the 2nd most popular star this year. #1 being David Prowse at weekend 3. Two years ago people began lining up for Ray at 3 a.m. and this year there are rumors that people will "camp out" all night. So his autograph may be tough to get this year. Warwick should not be as hard. If you just choose his line and are there by 6, you should be fine.

Just to be clear, there are lines for each celebrity, as well as a line for the limited edition merchandise.

Hayden's Dad
04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks MoeJo that was a big help. I really want Warwick Davis' autograph so we will line up for him first then see if we can get in line for Ray. If not oh well.

Let me ask you this question. Does anyone know how many fastpasses they give out for the celebrities? Also if my wife gets in one line and I get in the other can we get fastpasses for each other? Or is it like others where one ticket means one fastpass? Thanks a lot. :mickey:

MOJoe
04-20-2009, 10:29 AM
From what i have heard, the number of fastpasses is not equal. Some celebs take more time with each guest; some take less. And only one fastpass per ticket, no exceptions. So you can't get a fastpass for someone who is not in the park, or in another line. And i don't think those around you would let your wife cut in line, if she was to get a fastpass and then try to join you.

As to getting more than one thing signed, Disney CM's are there to enforce the rules. Sometimes they look the other way, but to ensure you get multiple autographs, you may just have to come back another day, or stand in line with your wife so you can get 2 autographs.

Hayden's Dad
04-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks for all the advice. That was what I though I just wanted to be sure. We will get in line together for Warwick Davis early and then see if we can get in line for Ray Park, if not then no big deal.

One last question. Do they provide pictures for them to autograph or do they only autograph something you bring?

Sorry for all the questions I am just very excited.

joanna71985
04-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Last summer, pictures were provided for the celebrities to autograph.