PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT PASSPORT and Storytellers

DANAM
04-16-2009, 12:46 PM
We are going for christmas and I was thinking of making the kids a custom passport for Epcot. There official Disney one is already filled. I was going to leave room for them to get the stamps and also the little cutouts that you get at all the stops. Does anyone know where I can get scrapbook pages or something with mickey around the world stuff on it? Or anyothere ideas?

Also I was going to add a spot for all the storytellers. Is there anything they give you that I should leave room for or is it just the story? Can the kids take pictures with the storytellers? Do they sign?

What about the Kim Possible thing going on does anyone have any ideas of some sort of books to put our missions in? Or is something available at Disney for this?

Thanks

Mods I wasn't sure if this was the right place for this thread. Can you move it if it's not supposed to be here.

goingbacktodisney
04-16-2009, 02:23 PM
you can take pictures with the storytellers, but have never seen them sign. They are wonderful to listen to...this is one of my favorite things about Disney. If you've never seen any of them, you are in for a real treat!

DANAM
04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Great! We are setting aside an entire day for this so I am glad they are worth seeing.

5togetherWDW
04-17-2009, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=DANAM;1870012] I was going to add a spot for all the storytellers. Is there anything they give you that I should leave room for or is it just the story? Can the kids take pictures with the storytellers? Do they sign?

What about the Kim Possible thing going on does anyone have any ideas of some sort of books to put our missions in? Or is something available at Disney for this?
QUOTE]

The storytellers generally interact with one or two audience members in each telling. If you think your children may volunteer -- you may want to consider positioning yourself for good shots / videos. We tend to be doing the stories during beautiful sunsets -- which can cause pretty bad backlighting on pictures.
At the end of their stories, the tellers usually offer to pose for photos -- always positioned carefully. We have had a few times without the offer of photos at the end, but those times were on days when the teller was animated / took extra time in intereacting . . . and thus ran long. The storytellers themselves have not given handouts. In past years, though, they have given out a festival guide which included a paragraph description of each country / their story (the kids guides were even better - but I'm pretty sure they dropped all those.) I cut out the paragraph description to include with the photos we take in the countries each year.

As to the Kim Possible Adventure -- it is fun, but their is little to save on paper / scrapbook. There are no characters there (just talk by phone) and it is npt really designed for photo ops. I have a few pics of the backs of heads holding the Kimmunicator - that sort of thing, and one business card souvenieer (from doing the Norway mission.) The other missions had no take homes . . ..

Love of Disney
04-17-2009, 09:56 PM
This may seem like a silly question, especially for someone who has been to Disney, many, many times, but.....what is the storyteller thing all about and where do you find them? Also, where do you get the Disney passport from in Epcot? My DD will almost be 3 so I thought it might be something she might like. Thanks!
:cool:

DANAM
04-18-2009, 12:34 PM
To my knowledge the storytellers are there at Christmas time. I believe they are the "santa" character from each country.

You can purchase the passport anywhere in Epocot. It is very cute for the kids. You can go to all the kidcot stops and they will stamp it for you. Worth getting especially if you vist frequently. We didn't get all the stamps the first 2 time we went but we completed the passport on our last trip. That's why I was looking to do something different for this trip.

Love of Disney
04-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the info!!
:cool: